I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
12-16-2016, (Subject: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! ) 
RE: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
(12-16-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Did you perform the DPF Restriction Test per Ins1te? I had mine cleaned at a Cummins Shop, nothing unusual from the outside, but they did the test and it FAILED!!....so I had the DPF replaced.....costly.

Before you spend any more $$$...and wasted time on small problems, do the restriction test, I believe you have a stuffed-up DPF, from some internal engine problem.

Jeez! You'd think that part of the Cleaning Process would be a flow test BEFORE they returned the damn thing! No sense returning an internally plugged freshly cleansed DPF to a customer???

sorry, I know my post is of zero help value, just a rant at the nonsense of returning a "cleaned" DPF that is still plugged...

I had Cummins in San Antonio do just that...after cleaning the unit, they returned it to my system, new gaskets installed, and did the test.....FAILED!!! So...I had them replace the DPF..at a cost of $1,700 for the unit, and redid the test.....VOILA!! Passes.......total cost out of my pocket...$2,477.19.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
12-17-2016, (Subject: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! ) 
I called a freightliner dealer and was quoted $800 and some change for a remanned DPF filter. A lot cheaper than a new one. Any thoughts on a remanned DPF versus new?
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  I called a freightliner dealer and was quoted $800 and some change for a remanned DPF filter. A lot cheaper than a new one. Any thoughts on a remanned DPF versus new?
DPF can not be remanned. New or used.
Would you pay $800 for used unknown condition? Remember there is no warranty on used parts policy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Good stuff
replyreply
$1700 here.. 3 days down time there

taking apart again again

hmm

just some thought.

it is not for everyone. only for people who want to make money instead of fighting it all the time.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid10355
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  I called a freightliner dealer and was quoted $800 and some change for a remanned DPF filter. A lot cheaper than a new one. Any thoughts on a remanned DPF versus new?

I have never met anyone who had a reman DOC filter that worked well, but I have had a couple people tell me that reman DPF filter was working ok for them but not great. Problem is, that most of the time, people who get reman DPF already have other engine issues to go with it. So who knows for sure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I just want to put this out there and lets keep an eye on this ECM update CL10038.46. Since my update is when I've been getting tones of DPF CODES. Now I'm no mechanic and I've been reading and search as much as I can about the DPF system.

I understand at some point i'll get codes and I may even have some that will pop up as soon as I hit the road. I got these code on Sunday last week 2754 intake pressure filter, 3375 dpf frequent regen, 3582 scr conversion efficiency. Along with these code I had 2 more that came and went away while driving.

Brought it to shop mechanic used insite, fixed my clutch pedal and forced a regen. Codes gone. He said that there’s nothing wrong with my dpf system. A few months before that I got active 3225 afterthreatment purge air actuator not responding or out of adjustment, active 1694 NOx sensor (that was just changed) aftertreatment particulate filter differential pressure (inactive).
After clearing codes they’ve never come back.
I’m new at this and dealing with my own issues. I may be wrong but I thought I’d post FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
If I do this right here is what the DPF look like when we took it out last week. It was last baked in September

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201612/post_2504_1482002912_c970f5c4ead60df467faf37effc92d94.jpg
replyreply
Looks like you have some cracking going on....internally. The soot lines and the two small soot patches are signs that the soot is being blocked due to the flow being interrupted by the cracking.

Also, who resealed the DOC? Look at the gasket...it looks like whoever did it didn't seal it properly...

IMHO...

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.