Starter issues
01-07-2017, (Subject: Starter issues ) 
RE: Starter issues
Thanks for all the info guys! I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow and let you guys know what happens.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
01-11-2017, (Subject: Starter issues ) 
Just an update! Well I had to go ahead and replace the starter. I tried hitting it with a hammer, asking it to stop being a quitter, and giving it $20 to start working again, but no luck. $230 out the door for a new one. Only problem I had was that top bolt. That was a pain in the *$#%. I guess I'll keep on trucking.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900
01-11-2017, (Subject: Starter issues ) 
Allot of problems come from starter relay and crappie corroded connections.
When it gets warmer, clean and polish the again and spray with red corrosion protector.
Bitch getting at them though.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
01-12-2017, (Subject: Starter issues ) 
(01-11-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  Allot of problems come from starter relay and crappie corroded connections.
When it gets warmer, clean and polish the again and spray with red corrosion protector.
Bitch getting at them though.

I know, mine is giving me grief when it gets colder than -20C. But every time I've got to the shop since it got cold, I've had bigger priorities...think I'm gonna pull the starter out while I'm nice n warm and drinking beer in Cali next week. I think that sounds like a good enough reason to drink beer and get dirty!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.