Truck software advice
01-22-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
RE: Truck software advice
(01-22-2017 )earnies2 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  This looks to me like nothing but a chineese fake Nexiq that has been re-packaged. Most people report a LOT of problems with them. They tend to work for a short while, then go bad.

There are so many fakes running around, i would suggest your local fleetpride to get a genuine Nexiq. That way if you have trouble with it, you can take it back to them for an exchange if necessary.

What is the cost at Fleetpride and what about the software?

I think I paid $900 or so for mine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-22-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
(01-22-2017 )earnies2 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  This looks to me like nothing but a chineese fake Nexiq that has been re-packaged. Most people report a LOT of problems with them. They tend to work for a short while, then go bad.

There are so many fakes running around, i would suggest your local fleetpride to get a genuine Nexiq. That way if you have trouble with it, you can take it back to them for an exchange if necessary.

What is the cost at Fleetpride and what about the software?

Having problems already?
replyreply
03-01-2018, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
Is the Nexiq also good for a 2005 model ISX. I'm looking to buy a 2005 Volvo on the 11th and would like to take some type of code reader to check the codes on it.
replyreply
03-02-2018, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
Ya, nexiq is a compatible adapter. The link on the original post deadends for me so I can't see what exact nexiq adapter they were linking to. But most of the nexiq's sold are cheap chinese knock offs. They are built really cheap and can break apart pretty easily. That being said, I have one and it's worked for a year now and done everything I need to do with it. It's basically you get what you pay for on the cheap knock offs.
replyreply
Cheap Chineese Inline5 or inline6 adapters work well and have no issues generally. These days however you can also get an official one by the red engine maker for only a hundred or so bucks more. Not bad, as the official ones used to be a lot more expensive.

Cheap Nexiq adapters (chineese knockoffs) have had a really bad reputation of failing. i have a couple here myself in fact. A genuine Nexiq from the manufacturer works extremely well but the chineese ones are prone to failure and problems. Some people have good luck with them for a while, or get lucky with them sometimes, but as a rule, they are terrible at best. Also, if you install Nexiq drivers or try to update the firmware from a chineese knockoff nexiq adapter, it will stop working. this is because the Official Nexiq drivers for windows targets them and bricks them when it sees one. - Just warning you.

I have 2 Nexiq adapters here, and I used to have 3 of them. One of them, I purchased on Amazon.com -- Turns out it was a fake that got mixed into their good invetory. - It worked for about 6 months then got bricked because the Nexiq drivers (from Nexiq) attacked and destroyed it. Nexiq and Amazon apologized to me and when i gave them the serial number, they said there were thousands of units with that same serial number that had been cloned from china.

I was sent a new one for my troubles since I had gone through Amazon and it was supposed to be legitimate. The 2nd one, I got from fleet-pride and it was genuine. It still works great to this day and is the one I use when not using my inline adapter. It is so rare for me to use a Nexiq that it usually just collects dust and have never really needed it much. The third one, I got from a place on line (forget now) for a bit less than the one from fleet-pride but it was an official Nexiq dealer. I ended up donating it to Mr. Hag a long time ago because he needed one badly when he first started working on trucks at his shop.

That is my own experience with them, I have seen a lot of guys buy Chinese Nexiq adapters in the past who loved them for a while, but only regretted it later when they bricked. I have not heard stories of Chineese Inline adapters doing this.

The adapter (inline, nexiq, whatever) itself is the most important part actually. - As far as software goes ... for the red engines ... well ... it and some "fixes" to make it work are all over the internet like paint on the wall if a person simply looks for it. - Not encouraging this, just stating the obvious. Software trading is not allowed on this forum but that does not stop people from getting what they need elsewhere.

====

I usually tell people that if they have a red engine and do not plan on working on Detroits etc. to simply just get an inline adapter. I can't remember the last time I even fired up my Nexiq. if they do get a Nexiq, don't try to get the cheapest one. Go to a fleet-pride or other official store to get an official one so that you do not regret it later. When it comes to Inline adapters, an official one, or a china knock-off seem to both work just fine.

An inline will work just fine with about any engine software for troubleshooting as a generic "rp2010" type adapter anyways. For most truck owners with red engines, it is all they ever really need. I also tell others that an Inline adapter is the best thing to use to flash the ecu on a red engine above all else but that is because I have seen occasional issue with Nexiq on some ecm's when things go wrong (bad flash, etc.). Nexiq is better if you own more than one type of truck and engine or are toubleshooting/flashing more than just cummins stuff. - Personally, I have both just in case, though I never use the Nexiq.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alborz
Thank Rawze. Can you list what are needed to get fault codes out of cummins engine?
If you attach the picture of the that be the best.
replyreply
Alborz ,
For centuries the rule remains the same ! And the rule is :
Puff puff pass
Is not fair to smoke alone!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.