Humming Noise With Key Turn On
01-18-2017, (Subject: Humming Noise With Key Turn On ) 
Humming Noise With Key Turn On
After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: Humming Noise With Key Turn On
The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , rgreen
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.

Btw, the buzzing noise means it is working. Mine does the same.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Waterloo , rgreen
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.

Btw, the buzzing noise means it is working. Mine does the same.

I was going to say, I was will replace tomorrow but you said it means it working... Thank you!!!!

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
01-19-2017, (Subject: Humming Noise With Key Turn On ) 
(01-18-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!

That would highly depend on what you are hearing.

Here is what a healthy electric fuel pump sounds like on a CM871. it is at 1:21 in the video...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
01-19-2017, (Subject: Humming Noise With Key Turn On ) 
(01-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-18-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!

That would highly depend on what you are hearing.

Here is what a healthy electric fuel pump sounds like on a CM871. it is at 1:21 in the video...

Thank Rawze that how mine sound.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.