Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Humming Noise With Key Turn On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!
The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.

Btw, the buzzing noise means it is working. Mine does the same.
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]The buzzing noise us you electric fuel lift pump.

Btw, the buzzing noise means it is working. Mine does the same.

I was going to say, I was will replace tomorrow but you said it means it working... Thank you!!!!
(01-18-2017 )rgreen Wrote: [ -> ]After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!

That would highly depend on what you are hearing.

Here is what a healthy electric fuel pump sounds like on a CM871. it is at 1:21 in the video...

(01-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017 )rgreen Wrote: [ -> ]After I start my truck isx 871 prostar and cut the truck off and turn the key on. I can hear aloud buzzing or wining noise, it seem to become from IFMS but I am not for sure t. I have replace the gear pump about 3 weeks ago... Thank you in advance for your input!!!!!!

That would highly depend on what you are hearing.

Here is what a healthy electric fuel pump sounds like on a CM871. it is at 1:21 in the video...

Thank Rawze that how mine sound.
Reference URL's