Cm2250
02-24-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
RE: Cm2250
(02-24-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Well it's still full of coolant.. Cel came on again around the GA state line, made it to the hook in Jackson.. Exhaust trap inlet pressure again.. Deliver in Fitzgerald tomorrow afternoon.. Then Idk what to do.. Don't want to pay for a dpf cleaning.. But don't want to lose the motor over this bs either..
DPF cleaning will not help. Dried coolant can not be burned. People were trying to wash it with powerwasher with no success.
Drive her gently with minimum boost required or new EGR cooler will be destroyed by exhaust pressure. Direction you already know, south of A.

Only problem is he's booked solid for 2 weeks.. Wish I could pull the damn filter out.. But that will just lead to a derate..
replyreply
(02-24-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Well it's still full of coolant.. Cel came on again around the GA state line, made it to the hook in Jackson.. Exhaust trap inlet pressure again.. Deliver in Fitzgerald tomorrow afternoon.. Then Idk what to do.. Don't want to pay for a dpf cleaning.. But don't want to lose the motor over this bs either..
DPF cleaning will not help. Dried coolant can not be burned. People were trying to wash it with powerwasher with no success.
Drive her gently with minimum boost required or new EGR cooler will be destroyed by exhaust pressure. Direction you already know, south of A.

Only problem is he's booked solid for 2 weeks.. Wish I could pull the damn filter out.. But that will just lead to a derate..

Then use it as an excuse for paying huge money out of pocket.
I've done it never again. If truck need repair all loads even very sweet will be canceled until truck is ready.
If your engine get really bad you have more expenses to pay. I did one hot load like this. Truck got engine failure 300 miles away from receiver. Driver got $1200 for 2000 miles he drove to this point. I got $1500 just for delivering on time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
Don't quote me but I believe it will set a code but won't derate you for 240 engine hours. I could be wrong on that though. I deadheaded myself almost 1200 miles to get my truck to Griffon. Company I pull for offered me a load to Atlanta but I turned it down as I didn't want to blow the engine completely getting it there. That my friend is what I call the $36000 mistake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Squish099
You can't just pull the filter, total in your system there's like 5 or so individual filters that make up your whole system. 3 are in the scr can, and you can't open it without welding tools. All together it must add up to close to 3 feet of filter material. Running it until it's fixed should just be out of the question.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
(02-24-2017 )Magard Wrote:  You can't just pull the filter, total in your system there's like 5 or so individual filters that make up your whole system. 3 are in the scr can, and you can't open it without welding tools. All together it must add up to close to 3 feet of filter material. Running it until it's fixed should just be out of the question.

This is turning out to be a nightmare.. Started this ordeal with 10k in savings. Replaced all the tires first month, 6k.. Went through boost, Delta-p, front pressure sensor, 500. Front brake job, 300.Had to take care of personal problems, 2k (1/2 payment, next due on 10th March), spent 1k & lost a week of work building wheelchair ramp for my dad. Can't forget Christmas... Then 4600 @ dealer yesterday.. Savings is pretty much shot.. Gonna have another nice bill in 2 weeks @ Mr. Hag shop. Not running will pretty due me in I'm afraid.. Been trying to save back up, but I swear it's always something.. And non of this includes all the little money on random crap like light bulbs, fluids, or keeping up with the pov @ the house.. There's never enough hours in the day..
replyreply
It's tough we all know that. You got ripped at a dealer live and learn. Brakes stuff like that do it yourself. Pick your battles when it comes to doing mechanical stuff. These guys here will get you on the right track. If you haven't hurt your engine already Mr. Hagg will get you up making money for the long haul. Everyone wants to push it and keep going but I think you know there's way bigger bills down that road. A turd won't turn into a rose without the right process first.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(02-24-2017 )Magard Wrote:  It's tough we all know that. You got ripped at a dealer live and learn. Brakes stuff like that do it yourself. Pick your battles when it comes to doing mechanical stuff. These guys here will get you on the right track. If you haven't hurt your engine already Mr. Hagg will get you up making money for the long haul. Everyone wants to push it and keep going but I think you know there's way bigger bills down that road. A turd won't turn into a rose without the right process first.

I priced everything for the brake job.. The price difference was almost nothing.. Was still going to do it myself.. Then I had a shoes lose a liner on the road.. That was that.. In to the first place I could find to do it..
replyreply
Maybe deadheading and dropping truck off at mechanic shop ASAP, then running as a company driver @ $0.50 per mile for the next month is your best bet.
replyreply
(02-24-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 )Magard Wrote:  You can't just pull the filter, total in your system there's like 5 or so individual filters that make up your whole system. 3 are in the scr can, and you can't open it without welding tools. All together it must add up to close to 3 feet of filter material. Running it until it's fixed should just be out of the question.

This is turning out to be a nightmare.. Started this ordeal with 10k in savings. Replaced all the tires first month, 6k.. Went through boost, Delta-p, front pressure sensor, 500. Front brake job, 300.Had to take care of personal problems, 2k (1/2 payment, next due on 10th March), spent 1k & lost a week of work building wheelchair ramp for my dad. Can't forget Christmas... Then 4600 @ dealer yesterday.. Savings is pretty much shot.. Gonna have another nice bill in 2 weeks @ Mr. Hag shop. Not running will pretty due me in I'm afraid.. Been trying to save back up, but I swear it's always something.. And non of this includes all the little money on random crap like light bulbs, fluids, or keeping up with the pov @ the house.. There's never enough hours in the day..

Keep savings for real emergencies. Apply for credit card with 12 - 18 months zero percent, fix the truck drive confident.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.