Changing clutch brakes.
03-05-2017, (Subject: Changing clutch brakes. ) 
RE: Changing clutch brakes.
(03-05-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 )indian_richard Wrote:  Does anybody know of another way to change clutch brakes without removing the transmission? I used the oxygen acetylene torch so you can imagine how pleasant that was. Lol
I couldn't use the air chisel on this one because the little knubs that keep it from spinning were sheared off.
I hope there is an easier way of doing this. Lol

-Air hammer with a chisel tool
-Reciprocating saw
-Roto tool. Think dentist drill, that the rotating tool is driven via a long umbilical with the motor a good two feet away. Not a common tool, I got it to port heads and use it occaisionally for oddball jobs such as this. Kinda like a dremel.
-Cutting torch and good leather protective gear so you don't get burned
This is the order of preference for me, I will never again install a clutch brake that is not a "two piece" to facilitate simpler replacement while the clutch & tranny are in place.
Those are a few good alternatives. I have another clutch brake I need to change, so now I have a few more options before I get out the torch. Thnx
Yeah I replaced this clutch brake with a Babcock two piece. Hopefully I won't have to replace it. Lol
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing clutch brakes. - indian_richard - 03-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.