Opinions on gliders
03-14-2017, (Subject: Opinions on gliders ) 
RE: Opinions on gliders
Agreed on the subject beat to death Rig Wrench.
I am too young to run this truck to retirement, and reality really is an ungly b###h.
The time will come where replacement is unavoidable, and because of my torqueload demand I DO NOT know for sure what to do.
It's no secret that I have had tremendous success with DDEC S60's and am very fond of that motor. Simply put, like the 871 for Rawze, the S60 is the foundation of my success. Alas, reality is an ugly cruel b###h and reliable reman parts availability will become an issue.
I have actually discussed glider options with the two salesman I trust. Agreed Brock, never trust a salesman. These two know I won't tolerate bull$h!t, and they both actually use my knowledge to help them learn when they need to.
I have no where near got my motor as dialed in as Rawze could, but I finally feel like I have enough understanding of the 871 that it no longer intimidates me, and a 2919 CPL CM871 is the power plant of choice for my discussion purposes.
They are both quite surprised at my choice, and they are quite interested in my developments of understanding of this engine.
It has taken some time, lots of learning, and the sprouts of understanding, but I'm now at the point where if you held a gun to my head and said "decide right now"...I'm in Rawze's camp, and for the current perception of parts availability long term, I love my old shovelhead, but I replaced that motor with an evolution. I believe I would now do the same with an @m*m^2 871 over an S60.
As much as I hate this f**k!ng motor, it's now made a believer out of me.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Rig Wrench , Kid Rock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on gliders - Hammerhead - 03-14-2017
RE: Opinions on gliders - Cuya - 03-19-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.