Opinions on gliders
03-16-2017, (Subject: Opinions on gliders ) 
RE: Opinions on gliders
(03-16-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  ...
These setups in a car hauler get .7-1.0 mpg better fuel mileage than ANY ISX tuned by Unilever, GearHead, Rawze and some guy named Johnny terrible.

I don't agree with that statement at all. Bunch of boasting. Especially since I have only ever seen one or 2 actual car haulers up close enough to touch in my whole trucking career. Last one I looked at (Volvo car hauler) the guy was getting in the mid 7's with it pretty consistently.

I just have not seen but very very few of them up close and of the couple three i have seen, they were aero trucks and not those square nose POS's.

Matter of fact, I have never even sat in the cab of one of those full-out square nose low roof car haulers nonetheless test drove it.
While I agree that cummins needs to work on thier reliabilty, i would have to disagree on the pulling power, I have a turned up c15 with the big turbo and 600 2050 tune, while it pulls good, but my 871 and 2250 custom tuned 600 hp will out work it in the hills, no questions asked, in fact the cat is supposed to be so good on the pull down, the 2250 puts it to shame, and the guy who drives my cat is a cat fan, but we pull the same hills all the time and the cummaparts have always gotten the better of the kitty

This is an excellent example of why I don't like the 6nz. You have to chose your power band by the size of turbo you go with. You can put the BIG turbo on it, but it kills the low end grunt which Cats are known for and raises exhaust temps down low too. Now, you've gotta drive it like a Detroit in the mountains and spin the bejeesus out of it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on gliders - Texasdude74 - 03-16-2017
RE: Opinions on gliders - Cuya - 03-19-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.