School me on coolant
03-19-2017, (Subject: School me on coolant ) 
School me on coolant
I've seen it talked about here and there buy a couple people. Checking your ph level in the coolant, seen rawze talk about adding a additive to replenish. So let's learn what some of you do....

What do you use to test?
What levels are normal?
That's the ph levels, do you test for silica breakdown?

A radiator shop once told me silica was the most important thing......

Also does anyone have knowledge of cummins selection of coolants? Boy they have alot of types.

Thanks

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-19-2017, (Subject: School me on coolant ) 
RE: School me on coolant
Seen quite a few engines torn down and I see the least amount of coolant problems from ELC red. That is simply what I use now too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
03-20-2017, (Subject: School me on coolant ) 
I use the red too, I just seen all sorts of organic and what not colors on Thier website.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
04-01-2017, (Subject: School me on coolant ) 
I use green in my trucks but we are very diligent about checking it. We use test stripes from peterbilt and an additive called DCA to control Ph.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.