older truck vs newer truck
03-30-2017, (Subject: older truck vs newer truck ) 
RE: older truck vs newer truck
(03-30-2017 )Magard Wrote:  At the end of the day a square hood with air cleaners and exahaust hanging out everywhere looks cool especially if someone else is washing it and putting fuel in it. Who wants to be tired and broke at the same time. Cool factor will only carry you so far. I've owned Peterbuilt 378, Western Star, International Cabover,2 Frieghiner century's, and now a Volvo. The truck that made me the most money was the international cab over. Mostly sercumstantal. You'll get over that 20000 dollar premium for a 379. Volvo for 20 grand less, way more quiet and comfortable, and roomy than any over rated Pete I ever drove. If I was building a beater of a truck for mountain work I might go square hood, metal hood, but the external air cleaners from my experience have dusted more engines, mostly from faulty filter, and having two, you can run a rediculous time before changing. By the time you realize something is wrong it's to late. Those chrome riddled trucks invite you into a sickness that all you want to do is polish your chome, drive faster, buy more fuel, and look cooler. Nothing good for your pocket book. It will keep you motivated to drive more which brings you to the,"If I work harder than the next guy than surely I'm making money mentality". "If I'm tired I must be making money". "I got a cool truck I must be successful". Burning more fuel is a big deal. And the cool factor is like devorceing your wife that you have a family with and a life with, for some young pretty fun girl that spends all your money on clothes and boobs,so you can haul her dumb ass around and think your cool because you have her. All the while the successful people of the world know your a dumb ass.

Sorry square hood guys. Just thought I would give this guy another perspective. I've been on both sides of this deal. Luckily I got over being cool before I got a new wife and family.
Keep your head and be successfull.

You are correct. It is a mentality, and I see both sides of that fence too. Of all the people who always have problems and nothing but complaints about everything around them but themselves and their situation -- The ones who have the MOST problems are the square-nose, gotta-look good, want more more more power and everything else guys. 450hp is not enough for them,.. 500hp is not enough for them,.. hell 600hp is not enough for them -- I see them comming from a mile away and try to avoid them like the plague!

Those kinds of truck owners CANNOT BE SATISFIED!!! -- PERIOD!!! It is their mentality! and it all starts with that goddamn old-school looking chrome POS of a truck from yesteryear that gets them into this way of thinking. It is sad to say the least. -- They are always bragging, always complaining about another cracked head gasket, and another complaint about getting less than 6 mpg, and bitch like hell non-stop about trucks who drive slower than them getting in their way because they know nothing about slowing down and actually making a damn decent dollar!. -- Just about every single person I have met who has those kinds of trucks who does cross-country highway driving with dry-van, reefer, flat-bed, and step-deck operations is driving down the freeways with what might as well be a hole in their fuel tank and you can't convince them that what they are doing is costing them 3x more than it should, and that all the guys who have been there, and learned those lessons are now making fun of them and shaking their heads.

I do have to praise those kinds of trucks though -- I really do,.. because if everybody have efficient trucks, then the fuel sur-charge rates would drop. -- So go ahead Mr. square nose, barely break 6 mpg truckers!-- go ahead and drive 70+ down the freeways all day with those square nose POS's, and go ahead and fund those guys in Dubai who are wasting all your oil money you have contributed towards their luxurious man-made islands and $300,000 police cars,.. Here is the empire you are helping to build...

./uploads/201703/post_2_1490875458_201062dc22b89b17f8c8399da964be8a.jpg

Enjoy that scenery,.. You paid for it! -- I know I didn't, I think they are already too rich and am not going to contribute a single dime I don't have to to those already rich bas#tards. That is my personal protest to them.

====

This is just my own personal view on it, and always has been. I WILL ALWAYS BE A PROPONENT OF SLOWING DOWN AND SAVING FUEL!. THAT IS MY PROTEST AGAINST THE ALREADY RICH BAS3TARDS OF THE WORLD WHO THINK THEY CAN TAKE ALL OUR HARD EARNED MONEY while we become a slave to the system. - My protest against them is to DRIVE LESS THAN 60 MPH OUT OF SHEER PROTEST IF NOTHING ELSE as much as possible at all times and to convince others to do the same. The more people I can get to slow down, drive more safely, and actually consume less fuel, the more I have stuck it to them, and you want to know who wins!? -- The guy who follows my lead and gets to have some money to take home. This is much better than giving it away every time you fuel, every time you have an issue with your truck because it was beat to death from the roads, and every time you pass by that shinny new thing designed mostly just to make you buy it. - Where does it end? -- With YOU!

For every person that I can convince to NOT own trucks like that, slow down, drive safer, become better, more profitable, etc. and actually KEEP THE MONEY THEY EARN, is one more person that has stood up against this kind of mentality that is designed to do nothing but use peer pressure to brainwash people into being a fuel-sucking big-nose slave. -- Gotta have that new iphone, or that new car, or that big square truck, gotta, gotta, gotta,-- that mentality CANNOT be satisfied and big-oil knows it,. You are a slave to it, and the system has trained you to be that way from birth. -- I say -- WAKE UP and break that way of thinking!.

Remember, these are just my own views, no one has to agree with them. It is simply my own way of encouraging others to think about what they want out of their careers and what they do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , Magard , Waterloo , Sergiu , zero4 , dilusidrisib

Messages In This Thread
RE: older truck vs newer truck - Rawze - 03-30-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.