Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-13-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
The International dealer up the street is doing the work, supposed to have two excellent Cummins guys on staff for the rebuild. I know of one of these mechanics, and he has a very good reputation locally. They have a machine shop and will reman the head if it is salvageable, if not, going with a Cummins reman. I need advice on the cams, if they are solid, should I keep them, or replace? I am leaning towards replacing, your thoughts?

If it is inframe city -- After 900k miles,.. WHATEVER YOU DO! ---- REPLACE THAT HEAD! -- Or you will be doing it again in short order. Price is about $3200 roughly. I also have my doubts that an OE shop is going to build that engine even halfway right. Overpriced as hell and half-arssed is likely what you will end up with at best. Should have taken it to gearheads & have it done right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Rawze - 03-13-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.