Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-19-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I have debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.

Don't forget you need to re-torque all the torx screws that came in the new head. I have seen lots of compressor heads with improperly torqued screws, only to cause the head gasket or something else to fail. they are notorious for not being torqued properly from the supplier.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Rawze - 03-19-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.