Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-24-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
Reporting in, forgot my phone, so no photos... I might run up there tomorrow and grab some shots.

Cleanest motor they have seen internally with this many miles, no issues with giving me a warranty. Even the owner of the dealership stated that. I get full Cummins warranty with labor. YEEE HAAAAA!

Head is off, pulled one liner, piston and rod.... Jamie, the mechanic said the head gasket was not in that great of shape, but they are still going to send the head out to have it tested, on their dime. I have a brand new head, not a reman, coming. He also stated it was the toughest head he has ever removed. The outer bolts came right out, the center bolts were tough as nails, like they were welded in. He spent a few hours on those and eventually got her off. MAN that thing is YUGE!.

Cams looked good, still have life in them, I have two new ones coming. Head bearings for the cams though, they were showing their age, it was time for a new head, probably the reason for the copper spike in my oil analysis. The rockers all looked very good, no sign of wear, they passed inspection. The cam rollers were in the same shape, looks like we can reuse those parts. All was clean up top, no metal or signs of abuse.

Bearings in the lower end looked good, just barely starting to show wear, and very very clean in the the pan. Rods were the same, pistons and rings good. She just started using oil at 9,000 miles, and oil pressure was falling, hovering around 32-34 psi, but they said I probably had another 200,000+ left in her if not for the head gasket.

Found a bad tensioner pulley at the top for the A/C, I told them to replace both tensioner pulleys, one is going, the other will soon follow. The fan had a crack in her, and was getting brittle, so a new fan is in order. The new radiator I bought is CRAP, so I told them to throw in a new International OEM, they gave me a deal on her, with the mounting kit, $900.

Starter is going, so they are putting in a new Mitsubishi updated starter, a new one, not a reman.

What else? There are a bunch of other parts, new clutch, input shaft, etc., front and rear mains seals, Bell Housing seal, etc...

I did ask about the Cummins rebate if you get a new head and 10 grand in new Cummins parts, which I am well past. I think the rebate is going to be $1500, if it is, I will have them throw a new turbo on and be done with it. We will have a new motor and hopefully another 900,000 miles of trouble free @m*m^2 motoring. ;-)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-24-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.