Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-26-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-26-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-26-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  ..
The injectors alone were $4200...

Last injectors I got while someone was someone here, they were $570 ea. That was about a month ago give or take. Head was $3100, Overhaul kit was $4200.

Just make sure stuff is not marked up too high is all. Most shops do mark up parts as part of their profit, and that is ok, -- as long as they are not gouging you.

Yep, they are knocking dollars off of some stuff, some other stuff not so much. I think in the end, it will all even out. My main concern is that they do it right and take their time (a reasonable amount) doing it, I don't want her slapped together. So far on the labor side, I am at 70 hours @ $96 an hour for a total of $6900 in labor charges, which sounds about right for the work entailed. I have two sheets of parts sitting in front of me, and hopefully that will be it...

The best part with all of this though, they are giving me the full nationwide warranty, and I cannot stress that enough. That right there is worth what little extra I may be paying for some of the parts. Especially on a truck with your programing. ;-)

Oh, the injectors are brand new, not the Mexican remans, $650 or so ea on those, two year warranty.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-26-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.