Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-06-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
955,000 miles -- started mine today. making video series out of it.

= injector leak test revealed that I got to replace 3 injectors. I will replace the other 3 in a few months.

= pressure testing the coolant system tonite, no leaks found so far, egr cooler and all.

= dropped the oil pan and found it will not come off until part of the air suspension front end is removed.

= got a look at crank and liners and everything from the bottom although the pan will not come off yet, and it looks like an engine with only 200k miles on it. You can hardly even tell where the pistons go up and down insied the sleeves. Crank still has bluish tine to it from when it was made and looks brand new. -- Now who was it that said a gallon of gear oil was bad for an enigne? m--- So far, I only see good things, but pulling it down will tell for sure.

= LOL, I waited until my enigne had 22,000 miles on the oil so that it at least looked a bit dark for the video,.. but it still looks kinda new. no blackness anywhere in that engine so far.

=============

We got a student form the local truck school over to help do the job and to learn about ISX engines too. -- Everyone wins.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Rawze - 04-06-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.