Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-16-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
Went up to the shop yesterday, they were test fitting head, popped right on. Now they need to paint the darn thing!

The old head bolts were done for, looked all water pitted above the threads on a few, metal just wore away. New ones are going in, all the way around. The head bolts were supposed to be there yesterday, for some reason they are hard to come by. My local Cummins Dealer did not have any in stock either, backordered. But the shop found some at one of the other dealers in their chain and had them on the way.

She is coming along, the air compressor got her new head. Jaime said it looked good in the compressor lines, no soot, and just a tiny bit on top of the compressor piston, nothing out of the norm, which cleaned right up.

All of the motor internals, liners, pistons, rods, mains, seals, oil coolers, oil pump, etc are completed... New pulleys, water pump installed, motor mounts, etc...

He painted the damper and did a great job on leaving the timing marks exposed, highlighted them with black and white paint and sealed from the elements, wish I had a photo of what he did there, really cool. I decided to stick with the old fan clutch, as it was not giving me any trouble and a new one is not cheap. Jaime said it looked fine, and was not difficult to remove and reinstall. He agreed, if it was not giving me issues, leave it alone.

The old injectors looked like they had seen better days. The o rings were definitely at the end of their life. 6 pack of new injectors, not remans, but new ones, going in...

The transmission is ready to go back in, new clutch is installed along with new bell housing gasket... Transmission is under there, waiting for Jaime to finish up top and then Chris will be finalizing the transmission install.

New transmission cooler is going in too, the old one was about shot, allot of corrosion... But, they forgot to order the new transmission cooler lines, they should be in today.

Need to get that power steering reservoir holder cleaned up, man that thing looks like hell... ;-)

And we still have a pallet of parts sitting off to the side... Looks like Christmas!

Other than that, she is coming along. Should have her back next week. Jaime the mechanic is excited, he can't wait to fire it up. From what I can see, and talking to him, he is doing a great job. He is the only one working on the motor, and has everything organized and laid out, very clean work area. That alone says allot in my book. Let's just hope that translates into a million mile motor!

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 04-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.