Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-16-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(04-16-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  You and your wife will be happy to know that all this money your spending will go toward the business EXPENSE line on your tax filing for this year.

Don't let this purchase depress you too much, there are some benefits afterwards that have big positives later. Your new motor is well worth it in more ways than one.

Yep, very big purchase, but needed if we are going to keep the doors open. We have been profitable in a sense, except it all winds up back in this damn truck. I can understand why the wife is pissed, as we have had many trucks over the years, but nothing like this EPA monstrosity with all of the downtime. Hopefully this will put an end to the financial bloodletting and allow us to start bankrolling some cash.

On a side note, I was talking to my mechanic, in regards to the cost of ownership of these new trucks. He had nothing good to say, he knows of more than a few guys that lost everything due to these EGR systems. All they can do is try to fix them, but the costs of the repairs have broken more than a few smaller outfits. Like Rawze has stated many times, these mechanics in many cases are hamstrung, as they do not get the training on these systems from the factory like they should. And then throw in the outright mechanic shortage, and the younger guys not getting into the field, younger guys that are more in tune with the computer side of things, and we have a recipe for disaster. I can only imagine to be an expert on one manufacturers system, but having to be an expert on all of the manufacturers? That is essentially what these dealers are asking their mechanics to do. The thought of it all makes my head swim, which anymore is not difficult to do.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 04-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.