New vibration damper?
05-23-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
RE: New vibration damper?
There are many instances of generic procedures in the manual on quickserve.

Follow through from the top of the procedure down. It will differentiate the segments as "870 with automotive" then "870 with industrial", then 871 and so on. Mine shows the dual dampers as well. It's because the crank shaft procedure is generic throughout the platform, so why make multiple formats when you can make one with just the varyations noted to save bandwidth.

The IFSM procedure will show this as well, as the only real difference from the 870 to the 871 is the extra outlet port for the aftertreatment injector supply.

Below is a screenshot, including my ESN for my ISX 871. Note the wording of the first link under the Service Manuals heading states:
"Signature™, ISX, and QSX Service Manual", so the service manual includes procedures from all the varyations of the xSX engine platform. It's the responsibility of the tech or whomever performing the repair to read, interperate, and differentiate the instruction to correctly perform the repair procedure. If you are performing your own repairs, make certain you are paying attention to the details.

./uploads/201705/post_2077_1495589525_71567ef53b2331a420e58d40fd952b2e.png

Note the table of contents in the "Crankshaft Damper, Viscous" states;
->Automotive Application
->Industrial & Power Generation with Crank Driven Fan or PTO
->Industrial & Power Generation without Crank Driven Fan or PTO

These are (3) different applications, all listed in ONE procedure. Correct interpretation is the key

./uploads/201705/post_2077_1495590153_2051202dfcf549bc849caad9d0d5a989.png

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Do they do the same with part numbers? I was looking them up when I came across the first pic I posted.. If nothing else we will find out soon when I go to order parts..
replyreply
(05-23-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Do they do the same with part numbers? I was looking them up when I came across the first pic I posted.. If nothing else we will find out soon when I go to order parts..

I added some edits to my post above...

No, if you then go into the "Parts" tab on QS with YOUR correct ESN" you will only see one damper listed. If you had an industrial engine, the parts breakdown would state "Two Required"

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Please be aware,
I was in no way trying to be insulting about correctly following the varyations of the procedures...DON'T be a Hammerhead!

I made this very mistake, and had to redo about 1/2 of a procedure. I now print the procedure off when I go to do something. Before I even put on my gloves or pick up a wrench, I sit down with said printout and review. I use a Sharpie to cross out the sections that DO NOT apply to me. I then highlight the headers of the ones that do. As I perform the procedure I have the printout on a clipboard and I "check" off the steps as I go so I don't be a Hammerhead again.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Squish099 , hhow55 , Old Driver
05-24-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
(05-23-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(05-23-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Do they do the same with part numbers? I was looking them up when I came across the first pic I posted.. If nothing else we will find out soon when I go to order parts..

I added some edits to my post above...

No, if you then go into the "Parts" tab on QS with YOUR correct ESN" you will only see one damper listed. If you had an industrial engine, the parts breakdown would state "Two Required"
In the parts section with my correct esn is how I came up with the dual damper pic.. Another member with a 2250 verified his was the same.. I just thought it was odd..
replyreply
That is odd, under Parts in mine it only shows a single.

Here is a screenshot of mine, with the drawing number.
./uploads/201705/post_2077_1495637582_0f8dfee383c4dd5508360177856ada66.png

replyreply
(05-24-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  That is odd, under Parts in mine it only shows a single.

Here is a screenshot of mine, with the drawing number.

Even more odd is it looks like the same part # on the pic...
replyreply
05-25-2017, (Subject: New vibration damper? ) 
I have a 2250 and mine looks like what Hammer posted.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.