motor rebuild at mr haggs
06-03-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
RE: motor rebuild at mr haggs
I seen your truck at Haggs. Pretty clean looking truck. There is money to be made if you are willing to do the small stuff yourself. And watch your other expenses. I still pay myself the same wage I made as a company driver and starting to build a decent truck account even with poor fuel mileage. Now hoping the elog don't wreck it
replyreply
06-03-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
Guys, guys, guys, I have been an O/O since 2000, here's the deal. Yes owner operators will eventually be extinct, that is the nature of the business. The only thing you can do to survive as long as possible is to specialize yourself and your equipment! As much as you can! Do stuff most people don't want to do, and do it well. There is still a lot of money to be made but rest assured the O/O will eventually be a thing of the past. How many Mom and Pop grocery stores or hardware stores do you see now days? The same is happening to our industry. Make the money while you still can! SPECIALIZE your business!!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead
06-04-2017, (Subject: motor rebuild at mr haggs ) 
I have been a owner operator since 1994 and I am now only 46 .I bought my truck I have now new in 2008 and it has been paid off for several years now.I did not finance my motor inframe either.Last year was slow but I was happy for a break.The year before I took home 110,000.00 after expenses and taxes and I am single with very little in bills.I have been leased to the same company for 20 of my 23 years.I do 1.70 a mile and that is every mile that truck runs .I dont get paid on pratical miles,rand mcnally,house hold movers or as a bird flys but real miles.I think there are to many owner operators that are just to negative.I even see it where I am leased.They dont want to do this or that or go here or there they just cry,cry,cry.Come to work and do my job and it has always worked out for me.I only know what works for me so good luck to everyone.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , Rockycoon75 , Shotgun74 , in2trux

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.