Sensor in head above...
06-13-2017, (Subject: Sensor in head above... ) 
RE: Sensor in head above...
(06-13-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, it looks like that. I just replaced the oil pressure sender, in the block, so I don't know what I found. But, the truck is running quite a bit smoother, so the new sensor helped. The old one was just about shot, O ring was about gone. I'll see if I can figure this out. Not having much luck with QS tonight.

The link you posted above is a position sensor, definitely NOT an oil pressure sending unit.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
I put this part in, Cummins ISX Engine Position Timing Sensor 4921599
replyreply
I replaced the Oil pressure sensor last month, that one I installed in the block... The picture you posted looked like the same sensor in the HEAD, just above the Camshaft Timing Sensor that I just installed. That is the one I am curious about, the one above the Cam Timing Sensor in the HEAD that looks just like the Oil Pressure sender.
replyreply
Post a pic if you can, I think I'm out of ideas...
I've never changed one of the position sensors, so I haven't looked into it too closely.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
She is all buttoned up and is behind the cabling for the ECM. I had to remove the Air Cleaner and intake over to the turbo to get to it along with breaking loose the main harness. PIA, but not difficult... And then you have to dig to find both of those sensors. And thank you for chiming in.
replyreply
06-14-2017, (Subject: Sensor in head above... ) 
You maybe be looking at the Jakebrake plug
replyreply
(06-14-2017 )gatow900 Wrote:  You maybe be looking at the Jakebrake plug

For the jake harness? I'm thinking that is it. I just know the truck runs a helluva lot better.
replyreply
(06-14-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(06-14-2017 )gatow900 Wrote:  You maybe be looking at the Jakebrake plug

For the jake harness? I'm thinking that is it. I just know the truck runs a helluva lot better.

Sorry Waterloo , I can't help it !!!
It doesn't run better because of the new sensor. It runs better because of the peace of wood nailed on your dash .
He he he .... sorry brother. We need some laughs ones in a while.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-15-2017, (Subject: Sensor in head above... ) 
(06-14-2017 )Wiseman Wrote:  Sorry Waterloo , I can't help it !!!
It doesn't run better because of the new sensor. It runs better because of the peace of wood nailed on your dash .
He he he .... sorry brother. We need some laughs ones in a while.

I had a guy recently ask me how he can get a lot better fuel mileage out of his truck. I told him that for $19,99,99,99.00 (jokingly ) I could install a super-duper fuel saver. -- Oh,.. hang on,.. I think I have the makings for one here at the house. -- Its called A BLOCK OF WOOD UNDER THE FUEL PEDAL!..

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.