Gallons of oil from blow by.
07-04-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
RE: Gallons of oil from blow by.
(07-04-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  Did by any chance your engine overheat? You very well could have a bad head gasket, or cracked head. The next test i would do, is drop the oil pan and pressure up your cooling system, and see if there is coolant running down inside or the outside of your liner's. If this is the case, you have a bad head or bad head gasket. Do you see any white smoke, coming out of your exhaust stack's?
How many mile's are on this engine?

Didn't overheat, no smoke and has little over 900k miles on it.
replyreply
Can almost guarantee you have a cracked head or at least a blown gasket, ur turbo is melted down and probably have some piston issues down in there quite possibly bearing issues to go along with it. U need a good mechanic buddy. Where u located? Florida?
replyreply
(07-04-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Can almost guarantee you have a cracked head or at least a blown gasket, ur turbo is melted down and probably have some piston issues down in there quite possibly bearing issues to go along with it. U need a good mechanic buddy. Where u located? Florida?

Yep I'm near Jacksonville FL, do you know any good mechanics around here?
replyreply
Mr Hagg is in Georgia. South of Atl if im not mistaken. You can pm him
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Neflextrucking
(07-04-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  I got my demandate at a shop called PDQ Performance in Sanford, FL. Tomorrow I think ill do another test by removing the drain pipe from the bottom of the turbo that goes to the engine and see if I still have the same blow by...

Mr. Hag has seen several bad programs and practices that he has had to straighten out from the shops doing deletes in fla. Just because someone can figure out how to connect a computer to it and make some codes go away does not mean they are any good at programming it so that it does not self destruct.

That place is listed in the bad delete collection already. Here is the post...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid13282

Even still, if the engine had close to 900k miles on it before it was de-mandated then someone should have warned you that it is at high risk for cracking a piston or revealing cracked rings due to carbon packing to begin with.

Often as well, bad programming can easily make the turbo over-spool and accelerate its demise. They can be under-spooled too, creating a vacuum on its face, sucking oil out into the CAC but a vacuum will not make for high blo-by.

I would suggest a trip with it to Mr. hag and have it looked at and the programming straightened out at the very least. You may have traded DPF issues for engine issues. Not good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-05-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
Oh geez settle down a little here. It was already stated and don't overlook it..... Your turbo seal is gone, that's it. You demandated your truck for a reason, probably cause the system was having issues. Your turbo was working against more back pressure then it should and when you demarcated it, you lose the back pressure and the turbo starts spitting oil.

Oil in your charge air cooler clamps cannot be coming from a bad head, there's no way.... only if it were out your exhaust. If you have insane blowing and oil in your cac piping, it's your turbo.

Take the oil return like off the side of your engine from your turbo and put it in a pail, then run the engine with your blowby test. Unless I read your test you did wrong (I am have drunk, so it's possible) but you did it wrong.

The boost is entering your engine through the oil return like, so remove the line, lose the blowing and your good.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, I almost rebuilt a perfectly good engine because of it. Don't be dumb like me.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Neflextrucking
Yup, double checked. Your turbo isolation test is useless. Taking intake piping off will do nothing because its boosting past the face seal on the cool air side and direct into your crankcase.

I'd like to take credit for this...... but I cannot. This is what unilevers told me to do when I had the same issue, I remember calling Rawze in a panic after demandating mine because I thought I messed up my motor...... my turbo was 2 months old too so I never thought it was the turbo.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , hhow55 , Neflextrucking
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=h...l%20repair

Here's the man you need

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(07-04-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  You check your egts with a pyrometer in your exhaust manifold. Who did your demandate? If you have a turbo spewing oil into the intake and enough blowby to blow the water out the hose (assuming you did it right)then you need a good mechanic and probably an inframe.

I got my demandate at a shop called PDQ Performance in Sanford, FL. Tomorrow I think ill do another test by removing the drain pipe from the bottom of the turbo that goes to the engine and see if I still have the same blow by...

Very good idea, removing the drain pipe. Except remove the drain pipe from the engine and place a bucket to catch the oil.
If your problem is solved, when you remove the pipe, make sure you get up griffin, ga and have your ecm reprogrammed.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Neflextrucking

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.