Gallons of oil from blow by.
07-05-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
RE: Gallons of oil from blow by.
(07-05-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Oh geez settle down a little here.

Edited my post. Went back and re-read it. I suppose it was mis-understood / poorly typed perhaps. I was trying say to have his engine and programming looked at to warn him, not tell him his engine was already toast. Thanks for revealing that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
just thinking outside the box here but maybe that shop in Florida forgot to open the cans, clogged exhaust is an engine killer.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze
(07-05-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Oh geez settle down a little here. It was already stated and don't overlook it..... Your turbo seal is gone, that's it. You demandated your truck for a reason, probably cause the system was having issues. Your turbo was working against more back pressure then it should and when you demarcated it, you lose the back pressure and the turbo starts spitting oil.

Oil in your charge air cooler clamps cannot be coming from a bad head, there's no way.... only if it were out your exhaust. If you have insane blowing and oil in your cac piping, it's your turbo.

Take the oil return like off the side of your engine from your turbo and put it in a pail, then run the engine with your blowby test. Unless I read your test you did wrong (I am have drunk, so it's possible) but you did it wrong.

The boost is entering your engine through the oil return like, so remove the line, lose the blowing and your good.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, I almost rebuilt a perfectly good engine because of it. Don't be dumb like me.

Just did the test taking off the oil return line to the engine and surely it's the seal of the turbo pressuring the crankase, 100%!.
As far as my tuning is concerned its been over two years since my tuning was done, and no probs since. So It could've just been the turbo was old and it was it's time...Looks like I'm gonna replace my turbo and just to be safe will drop by to Mr. Haag to make sure my tuning was done right.
So the next question is can I take my turbo to get it rebuilt? Or is that a not great idea?
replyreply
(07-05-2017 )Hedley Wrote:  just thinking outside the box here but maybe that shop in Florida forgot to open the cans, clogged exhaust is an engine killer.

No the cans were hollowed out from day 1.
replyreply
Would it be a better idea to get the old style turbo?(considering I change the exaust manifold with it)
replyreply
(07-05-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  Would it be a better idea to get the old style turbo?(considering I change the exaust manifold with it)

Old style? As in non vg turbo? If you really want lower fuel economy, lose of most of your jake brake, and power only in a very narrow window..
replyreply
(07-05-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  Would it be a better idea to get the old style turbo?(considering I change the exaust manifold with it)

no, get ur truck up to hagais and let him check it all out and unf&^k your ecm so it doesnt destroy another turbo. you'll spend more on a BW, manifold and block off stuff than buying another HOLSET that is more efficient when tuned properly. i would recommend bobbing up there so you dont break anything else that isnt already toasted. just my .02
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Neflextrucking
07-06-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
(07-05-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Oh geez settle down a little here.

Edited my post. Went back and re-read it. I suppose it was mis-understood / poorly typed perhaps. I was trying say to have his engine and programming looked at to warn him, not tell him his engine was already toast. Thanks for revealing that.
Sorry Rawze, I should have quoted. That comment was actually meant towards the guy saying his head was buggered.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.