trans removal
07-06-2017, (Subject: trans removal ) 
trans removal
Just curious, I see guys talking about dropping their transmissions themselves all the time. My question is, how in the hell are you guys doing it?!? Lol It's not exactly light, so if I should be keeping an eye out for a special tool or something, let me know!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: trans removal
For starters you'd want a transmission floor jack to lift it, plus they have multiple adjustments on the head to get the angle right when re-installing.
Saw one taken out at company shop, recent model Pete. They removed the after treatment module so they could get the tranny to clear.
replyreply
I saw some guys did with trans jack , plus they opened doors put pole and chains to support from the top.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
Best to use a transmission jack, get the angles on the support plate set correctly, and mark those positions so that you can get it back in at that same angle. You need a decent shop floor to do this too.

Worse case scenario, I have heard stories of guys using big tire inter-tubes and thick layers of plywood to pull them in a pinch, but that sounds kinda dangerous. One slip and you under there with it and you could end up DEAD!.

Myself, If I had to pull mine by myself in my own front yard, I would jack up the cab of the truck, disconnect and support it, roll the truck out from under the cab first. Then it would be easy access and I can use my yard crane on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have my own tranny jack, I wouldn't recommend removing one any other way. Like has been stated, they are very heavy and if you ever lost control of it under the truck it could certainly kill you.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze
07-07-2017, (Subject: trans removal ) 
A tranny jack is the only way to go, the transmission weighs about 700 Lbs . the tranny jack can also to used to lift the clutch and flywheel with a little bolt on jig.
You are also going to have to jack the truck up, I drive mine up on blocks before starting the job
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.