2250 low rail pressure code
07-26-2017, (Subject: 2250 low rail pressure code ) 
RE: 2250 low rail pressure code
(07-24-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  the fuel pump actuator is a great spot to start. do a high pressure test and listen for any idle change when it climbs in pressure - it should stay perfectly smooth. if it starts to hunt slightly change the actuator.

can also be the check valves in the pump head, did you test em when the head was off?

Turned out to be filters best I can tell. After everything else, 2 new filters have seemed to cure it. Oddly though, the 3 other trucks filling out of the same spot have no issues.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-30-2017, (Subject: 2250 low rail pressure code ) 
(07-26-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  the fuel pump actuator is a great spot to start. do a high pressure test and listen for any idle change when it climbs in pressure - it should stay perfectly smooth. if it starts to hunt slightly change the actuator.

can also be the check valves in the pump head, did you test em when the head was off?

Turned out to be filters best I can tell. After everything else, 2 new filters have seemed to cure it. Oddly though, the 3 other trucks filling out of the same spot have no issues.

I will say this. I have a CM2250 and I had this code when a fuel filter cracked. (No idea how it happened, but it caused this code). Also, if you don't do regular PMs at the correct intervals you will get low fuel rail pressure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-10-2017, (Subject: 2250 low rail pressure code ) 
Well almost a month later, the code came back today. It seems unlikely to me that the relief valve could be bad again? Going to check it out tomorrow. Any ideas?
replyreply
(08-10-2017 )loghauler Wrote:  Well almost a month later, the code came back today. It seems unlikely to me that the relief valve could be bad again? Going to check it out tomorrow. Any ideas?

Have you pulled the head off the pump an inspected the plungers and rollers in the bottom of it?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Need to see if fuel pressure is dropping first. Had one this week guy had injector changed by a stealership then had issues. We found is was dropping fuel pressure fast. Did the cap off test and narrowed it down to the new injector. We removed the injector tube and re-torqued it adding +5 ft/lbs to factory spec, re-seating it. Well it was not leaking down anymore. He has driven it for 3 days now and all is still good.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
(08-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 )loghauler Wrote:  Well almost a month later, the code came back today. It seems unlikely to me that the relief valve could be bad again? Going to check it out tomorrow. Any ideas?

Have you pulled the head off the pump an inspected the plungers and rollers in the bottom of it?

They checked it last time while it was in the shop. I will check it again myself though. Could particles from the plungers/tappets/can be getting into relief valve causing this? It did have the claim done on plungers and tappets 150k ago but this obviously doesn't mean it's "fixed" from what I read in the link you posted last time.
replyreply
(08-10-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Need to see if fuel pressure is dropping had one this week guy had injector changed and had issues every since. We found is was dropping fuel pressure quick. Started to do the cap off test and narrow it down and it was the injector that was new. We removed the injector tube it looked ok so we reinstalled it torqued it back (I add 5 ft/lbs to factory spec) and checked it again. Well it was not leaking down anymore. He has driven it for 3 days now and its still good.....

Okay thanks! It seems do be doing it more frequent than last time, and the code/derate seems to last longer also (maybe 10-15 seconds) before it goes off. It may do it 1 time this load, and 4 times the next load.
replyreply
08-11-2017, (Subject: 2250 low rail pressure code ) 
(08-10-2017 )loghauler Wrote:  

They checked it last time while it was in the shop. I will check it again myself though. Could particles from the plungers/tappets/can be getting into relief valve causing this? It did have the claim done on plungers and tappets 150k ago but this obviously doesn't mean it's "fixed" from what I read in the link you posted last time.

My comments are all just my own paranoid attitude towards that debacle of a fuel pump they have on them. Would hate to see someone take out their engine if it could have been prevented is all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-11-2017, (Subject: 2250 low rail pressure code ) 
(08-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 )loghauler Wrote:  

My comments are all just my own paranoid attitude towards that debacle of a fuel pump they have on them. Would hate to see someone take out their engine if it could have been prevented is all.

Do you know the part number for the head gasket on the fuel pump?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.