ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect
07-20-2017, (Subject: ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect ) 
ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect
Hello,

I'm having this code come up, the manifold gauge shows under 0.

Here's some background:

1.) this sensor was replaced 5 months ago, has worked fine until now.
2.) went out, wiggled some wires, started up truck, manifold gauge works.
* still not sure if wiring is the issue.
3.) cleared codes, drove down the road for about 17 miles, code comes back, manifold guage goes to 0.

Should I be looking to just replace the sensor AGAIN, or should I be looking at wiring?

Also, would putting holes in the crankcase filter cause this without a custom tune? This was done recently after replacing the filter recently, but ran fine for awhile after.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
replyreply
07-20-2017, (Subject: ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect ) 
RE: ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect
Holes in crank case filter will not cause that alarm.

On many ISX engines, if you try to plug in the IMAP sensor after it is already installed and seated, the plug will not seat properly and become intermittent. Remove the IMAP sensor, re-seat the connector for it and be sure there are no bent pins and that the connector is fully seated BEFORE installing it back into its hole.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zyNoT , hhow55 , Waterloo
Okay, update:

Now I'm getting this code as well:

Fault 2288 - Turbocharger 1 Speed - Data valid but above normal operating range.
replyreply
Replaced with new sensor, worked for a bit...

Came back. Not sure what's going on here.
replyreply
I had this problem on my 871, every couple months it would act up. The plug just simply wouldn't hold tight on the sensor. Got a new set of pins and new plastic plug. Problem solved
replyreply
Sounds like an intermittent issue caused by something like a bad pigtail to the sensor. I'd replace the pigtail using appropriate wiring repair (lineman's knot/solder/adhesive heatshrink) and maybe replace the sensor. I replaced mine and keep the old but still functioning sensor in the truck as a spare.

Could also be an issue in the circuit further down the line as well.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
07-21-2017, (Subject: ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect ) 
It's strange, it randomly starts working even while driving.
It's extremely intermittent.

Also, possibly not related but the headlights wouldn't come on and displayed HDLP fault for a second and then they came on which was weird. Normally I'd say it's separate but they both went out, and we haven't had headlight problems in a long time because we changed both harnesses awhile back.

Starting to think this will be an electrical journey... ugh.
replyreply
07-21-2017, (Subject: ISX15 CM2250 IMAP sensor erratic, intermittent or incorrect ) 
(07-20-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I had this problem on my 871, every couple months it would act up. The plug just simply wouldn't hold tight on the sensor. Got a new set of pins and new plastic plug. Problem solved

I would hope my issues would be this easy, but once the connector is on it's extremely hard to get off so I'd say it's making a tight connection.
replyreply
Is it normal for the Turbo Speed to drop to 0 randomly or am I looking at the speed sensor for sure?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.