2011 Electrical fault gremlins
07-29-2017, (Subject: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins ) 
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins
Midland is spot on. Also, get under your truck, start at the battery box... Inspect every cable from the batteries to the starter, alternator, grounds, etc. I about shi#t my pants when I looked under mine when I was having electrical issues... The cabling to my starter had ten inches of bare copper from the connection at the starter back. I found missing jacket and bare copper on EVERY cable on my truck! I replaced roughly 100 feet of O to 4 ga cabling. This was FACTORY OEM cable.

Some of the issues with the AC compressor... Cummins recommends replacing the Damper every 500,000 miles, they do wear out. I had issues like you described on my accessories, I replaced the Damper and those issues went away. Another benefit, the motor ran much smoother, I could literally feel the difference in the seat of my pants.

Also, if you are having vibration issues, you may want to change out the cam shaft and crankshaft sensors. If you have an Inline reader with Insite, if they are going bad you should see a code. I had a God awful driveline vibration that came out of nowhere, and discovered I had 5 pings on my camshaft sensor. I replaced that sensor, driveline vibration went away. Just a thought, and hope it helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins - Waterloo - 07-29-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.