2011 Electrical fault gremlins
08-07-2017, (Subject: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins ) 
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins
Okay I spent all of last week going thru the truck and I tried every bit of advice everybody mentioned.
Sealed up the cab dome.
Checked voltage at the BCM power wire and it was good.
Replaced all the fuses mentioned
Removed and cleaned the 100A fuses and cleaned and greased the power connections.
Removed and cleaned all the positive/negative battery cables and frame grounds.
Added a 0/1 ground cable from engine block to frame.
Added a 0/1 ground cable from body to frame.
Ordered a voltage gauge for the aux port.
Haven't voltage checked the alternator wet yet but it's steady at 14.3v
Pulled off and physically inspected probably 90% of the entire harness looking for chafed or broken wires.
Pulled every weather pack plug or bulkhead connector and checked for corrosion or damaged pins then reinstalled with a healthy dollop of diaelectric grease.
Removed the BCM and carefully split it open to check for signs of swollen or burnt diodes, chips, or burns on the printed circuit board.

Good news if after I finished with all that the electrician fault is now gone and everything is functioning as it should.
Annoying news is I never found the root cause and nothing stuck out and bad so I don't know where the problem originated from.

Replaced the A/C compressor, receiver dryer, and flushed the entire system.
NAPA warrantied the compressor.
After pulling a 30 min vacuum I charged the system and with ambient temps at 66° the air coming out the vents was fluctuating between 45° when the engine fan was off and about 33° with the fan on.

I went to the dealership and picked up an ambient air temp sensor and replaced the one on my truck that's located approximately under the radiator. The warning light and upside down triangle are still on though and it showing a fault code for that sensor. When I get stopped tonight I'm going to take it back off and look closely at the plug and harness.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Electrical fault gremlins - Muchos189 - 08-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.