DPF replacement
08-05-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
RE: DPF replacement
hey i am just curious, did you buy a oem dpf or one of those aftermarket ones?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I got it from cummins, didn't do any research at all on it... Now I'm curious.

Looks like the reman w/ core was the cheapest option, time will tell.
replyreply
i was asking because i am curious as well. I know ive seen a comapny called road warrior who makes them, curious to know how they are. fort gary industries said they are much cheaper.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Jeez, I just got through reading the hogwash that cummins spews about their reman DPF, sounds like just a cleaning (https://cumminsengines.com/new-and-recon...dpf-promo) instead of putting a new element in your old housing.

Ultimately if it lasts a couple of years it's break even, if it goes more, it might save money over a new unit.
replyreply
08-06-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
Is this an 871 or 2250?

I'm just curious because my engine was regening more than normal for a while while throwing no codes. Turned out it was the NOx sensors giving false readings.

If it is an 871, then disregard my reply.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
It is a 2250.
replyreply
(08-06-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  It is a 2250.

I'm not aware of your truck mileage, but have you replaced the NOx sensors? They usually only last about 300k and then start giving false readings.

Just an idea. Especially if according to your Insite, you are at .55inHg of DPF backpressure and the truck is still regening.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: zyNoT
The 0.55 number was the result of the regen. It was always a number higher than 1 that initiated a regen. It's at 597K right now. I will replace those next, couldn't hurt. Truck appears to be running normally and I haven't noticed any change in DEF usage, generally 1.3 gal. per 550 miles driven at ~62mph.
replyreply
It will only hurt your wallet. The sensors were $502.46 a piece, with a $87.50 core charge on top.

Over 1 inHg is still ok for DPF backpressure. Anything over 3 and you should be worried.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze , zyNoT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.