Cm 871 Egr Block Off Question
08-08-2017, (Subject: Cm 871 Egr Block Off Question ) 
Cm 871 Egr Block Off Question
We Acquired a Pete 389 With A Cummins Cm871 , and after speaking with the previous owner he stated that he recently had the Truck tuned with a P-Di Tune to delete the egr system, And all that they did was re-calibrate the Ecm ,Hollow out the dpf and they unplugged the egr valve, I Know Rawze has some thoughts on this but my question is , Is it possible to do all these deletes and such without blocking off the egr system? the truck seems to run good
replyreply
RE: Cm 871 Egr Block Off Question
Hang on there, Rawze is typing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg , Waterloo
(08-08-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  Hang on there, Rawze is typing.

Beer's in the fridge, popcorn is in the microwave getting zapped right now...
Who's comin over to watch the show?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(08-08-2017 )QuadTurbo Wrote:  We Acquired a Pete 389 With A Cummins Cm871 , and after speaking with the previous owner he stated that he recently had the Truck tuned with a P-Di Tune to delete the egr system, And all that they did was re-calibrate the Ecm ,Hollow out the dpf and they unplugged the egr valve, I Know Rawze has some thoughts on this but my question is , Is it possible to do all these deletes and such without blocking off the egr system? the truck seems to run good

Short answer, yes.
But it would be in-advisable, why anyone would not block the put the engine life destroying soot right back into the motor circuit is beyond me.
IF you lived in a country that allows such modifications....lol, I've been waiting to say that...
By removing the aftertreatment system but leaving the EGR system intact, you are eliminating the reflected heat, exhaust plugging, and downstream issues, BUT you are still having your engine ingest microscopic abrasive dust continuously to the upstream side. This "dust", which is "soot", will accelerate wear on the cylinder walls while in the charge air during compression stroke, and will inevitably be carried past the rings with the blowby and saturate your oil, thereby being carried to all the high pressure wear components directly and deliberately forced into those components during lubrication, once again accelerating wear on that side of the equation.
So as you can see, eliminating the downstream of the turbo system, you are still leaving the upstream of the turbo problem, and you really have traded one set of issues for another.

BUT, you have already traded one set of issues for another with that Puke DIts debunk crap tune in your ECM. You don't even know it yet, but your turbo calibration is way out to lunch. We don't even need to see your tune to know that, we've never seen them do one correct yet. Most, if not all of the ECM's self protection and critical feedback info sensors to correctly adjust for various conditions have been shut off or eliminated all together! Not to mention, you probably have countless fault codes listed in the ECM's Fault Block Manager, so your ECM is trying to call for help by lighting up the CEL, but Puke DIts in house engineer d!p$h!t$ have shut all those codes off so you can't even see them. The ECM is literally screaming its head off trying to warn you, and Puke DIts has placed it in a soundproofed room and is telling you everything is fine buddy, don't worry, be happy. If I've scared you, good! I am trying to. Your the horse, this is the water, we're trying to force you to drink...but it's still up to you at the end of the day. If you don't now, you will when your motor spits a piston out the side of the block, they always do...

Below is a couple of things to read first. Start there, read them thoroughly and it will give you a foundation of information to build upon. These two links will answer a lot of early misnomers & questions, and will answer some question you don't even know you'll have yet...after these you'll be informed enough to then ask the proper questions and understand where and why we point you in the directions we do.

Here is how you properly maintain one of these systems to operate legally in NA...Post # 1 http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34

Here is some info that is essential to understand before you think about de-mandating...Post # 1 http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=27

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , QuadTurbo , gatow900

Man you about made me spit my drink out when I read this....He is long winded at times
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Starlight
(08-08-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

Beer's in the fridge, popcorn is in the microwave getting zapped right now...
Who's comin over to watch the show?

I saw this post HOURS ago... No way I was going to touch this... NO F-CKING WAY! LOL! Sitting in the garage drinking beer... Still ain't going there! LMAO!!!!!

IF you lived in a country that allows such modifications....lol, I've been waiting to say that... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! GO HAMMER!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg
(08-08-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  

Man you about made me spit my drink out when I read this....He is long winded at times

Can't make this shi#t up! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
replyreply
It is more likely than not that...

YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!

Oh,.. I know ... Maybe you like that fact that ...

YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE!!!

======

Start here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901

Then WALK SOFTLY,.. VERY SOFTLY ... don't run because you will cause engine damage,.. towards Gearhead, Unilevers, or Mr. Hags and get that thing straightened out, but JUST IN CASE YOU THINK IT IS NOT A BAD DELETE!!! --<< You can bring it over here to my house and I will go through the program with you and show you what is in your truck,.. good, bad, or otherwise,.. Then you can be your own judge. --< I haven't seen anything even remotely half decent from those ECU butchers in all the years people have been having me look at their work yet,.. I highly doubt you are the exception.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-09-2017, (Subject: Cm 871 Egr Block Off Question ) 
(08-08-2017 )QuadTurbo Wrote:  We Acquired a Pete 389 With A Cummins Cm871 , and after speaking with the previous owner he stated that he recently had the Truck tuned with a P-Di Tune to delete the egr system, And all that they did was re-calibrate the Ecm ,Hollow out the dpf and they unplugged the egr valve, I Know Rawze has some thoughts on this but my question is , Is it possible to do all these deletes and such without blocking off the egr system? the truck seems to run good
Hilarious. What is this,the magic plug tune. First indicator someone sucks is when they tune your engine by unplugging something. Good thing is maybe they've learned how to not wreak the engine with custom programming. Maybe it's in none egr running mode with all the alarms turned off. This is probably the new stage 1 tune. Lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.