ProStar AC/Heater Blower Motor acting up?
03-17-2016, (Subject: ProStar AC/Heater Blower Motor acting up? ) 
ProStar AC/Heater Blower Motor acting up?
Have you been driving down the road and discovered that your blower motor is acting up, will just turn off for no reason? Open up the fuse panel, the one on the interior of the truck on the passenger side, the main fuse block. Look at the fuse placement diagram on the back of the lid and find the blower motor fuse. It should be located in the front center of the block, closest to the passenger seat, right near the lip of the dash cover. You will find a 30 amp breaker there, pull it out and replace with a 30 amp automotive fuse. That should fix your problem, as these breakers tend to fail. I found this out after spending a more than a few hundred dollars at the stealership and not having any heat.

The amp draw for our fans is really high, and wears out the OEM breakers. Honestly, I think it is a fire hazard and I will tell you why. After you replace that breaker with a fuse, go look at that fuse in a week or two, you will find it partially melted. But, the problem with the breaker is its height, it hits the top of the lid of the fuse block dash lid and will, or can give you fits. Anyways, that is how I fixed my temperamental blower motor, don't let the dealer sell you anything until you change out this breaker.

Hope this helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Warrior01 , Sergiu

Messages In This Thread
ProStar AC/Heater Blower Motor acting up? - Waterloo - 03-17-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.