ISX fan clutch
09-19-2017, (Subject: ISX fan clutch ) 
RE: ISX fan clutch
Someone came to me with w pete that kept overheating once and burning up clutches. The fan solenoid air lines were plumbed backwards from the factory. It still worked, but the clutch kept slipping after a while.

Could be a bad fan solenoid?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Someone came to me with w pete that kept overheating once and burning up clutches. The fan solenoid air lines were plumbed backwards from the factory. It still worked, but the clutch kept slipping after a while.

Could be a bad fan solenoid?.
Have seen them stick partially open or not opening all the way
Also check air supply to the solenoid
replyreply
Will do. Thanks!
replyreply
09-26-2017, (Subject: ISX fan clutch ) 
Okay, found squealing sound. Bearings on air conditioner belt tensioner completely shot. Question is and maybe kind of dumb one but would that cause the fan clutch brake pads to have went bad so quick. Remember, It went bad after only about a month and had to rebuild
replyreply
To completely wear the clutch fiber that quickly it would have to be an engagement issue of some sort.
If the clutch is fully locked, or fully disengaged there is no slippage to cause wear.
Air pressure, Improperly assembled, insufficient travel to fully lock, Etc.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(09-26-2017 )donaldray Wrote:  Okay, found squealing sound. Bearings on air conditioner belt tensioner completely shot. Question is and maybe kind of dumb one but would that cause the fan clutch brake pads to have went bad so quick. Remember, It went bad after only about a month and had to rebuild

I would think not normally, but then again,... if the belt suffered excess vibration, it could have transferred that vibration into the clutch pulley and worn the pads prematurely... Kinda makes it a possibility?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Well, if I remembered correctly, I heard high squealing sound prior too both failures. Going too Give it a try. So at least I know they can be rebuilt easily and cheaply now.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.