Which motor oil to use after in frame?
03-24-2016, (Subject: Which motor oil to use after in frame? ) 
RE: Which motor oil to use after in frame?
(03-24-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  CI-4 oils are better oils but Mr.epa does not allow them to be sold in quantities less than 55 gallon drums any more I think.

CI-4 oils have too high zinc levels and wash out the precious metals in after-treatment systems, making it harder and harder for them to do their job.

CJ-4 oils were the solution to this,.. but now Mr.epa is still not happy, so they are stripping even more away from oils by 2017.

Soon, gear oils will be the only oils left with decent additives in them, but you got to watch out for sulphides in them if more than about 10 - 12% is put into your engine.

I think it is going to come down to people buying their own additives and putting them in before it is over with. only problem with that is there are more "snake oil" products out there than good ones.

Rawze, the Sta-Lube gear oil I am using, do you have any info on the actual additives in it? I have been all over the manufacturers website and they have no info as far as what is actually in their product. Do you know what is in it additive wise. I know it is good for our cams due to the copper and I have been using it for well over a year now with no issues. One jug of Sta-Lube at every oil change, roughly every 15,000 miles.

The pan on my motor was dropped yesterday, and the insides look factory fresh, no visual signs of anything crazy. I suspect the head is going to look the same.

So, stick with the Rotella T Triple and the Sta-Lube? Or is there something better out there? If I am going to change oils, now is the time.

Oh, what motor oil are you using?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which motor oil to use after in frame? - Waterloo - 03-24-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.