blown engine
12-21-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
RE: blown engine
Sounds like time for crate engine $$,$$$ :(
replyreply
putting in a long block then old block goes to cummins for inspection, core charge is $11,000 so fingers crossed.
replyreply
liner can't drop that far unless step broke. Sounds suspicious.

I would have gone with a short block and pulled the liners out of it, shimmed them to 0.014", then put on a new head if it were mine. Guess i am just stubborn to trust a factory reman engine these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , hhow55 , snailexpress , Running rough , Midland
got to see a little of it today. block just off the ground. took some pics sticking phone under only one came out good but good enough to see what looks like liner busted through bottom of what looks like four thumb size tabs that bottom of liner sit on. (if that's right). there saying its not a recon,and that its a new engine no rx number. rating plate very small and most every stamp is NA (horsepower) ect. would upload pic i have, but dont know how.
replyreply
Sounds like you may have lost a piston cooling nozzle thus cause for low oil pressure to begin with. THen the piston seized to liner...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Hammerhead , Midland
any way i can post the one picture i have or pm me and i can email it to you?
replyreply
12-22-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
(12-21-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Sounds like you may have lost a piston cooling nozzle thus cause for low oil pressure to begin with. THen the piston seized to liner...

Ouch, never thought a siezed piston would pull the liner through the shelf...wow!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
12-23-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
While I'm sorry at your misfortune and don't wish it on anybody, if that is true and it seized like that...that's impressive, for lack of better words.

I figured it would have a piston skirt clearance that would have kept that from happening? I figured a burnt piston and a scored/damaged liner if it lost a nozzle...

Scary to think that could happen that quickly.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: slowpoke
12-23-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
i sent Rawze a picture. i'm waiting to see what he thinks.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.