Help please. ?
03-27-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
RE: Help please. ?
If the truck will barely make 1000+ rpm, and will not get out of its own way, it sounds like the classic symptoms of a locked up VG ring on the turbo, stuck at 100% closed. I have seen it many many times.

Trying to press the pedal hard against it not wanting to run can be very damaging. Driving it in that condition can and will will destroy the engine in a hurry. It can cook the injectors, crack pistons, destroy the head, and a lot of other things. -- If it s the turbo stuck at 100%, it is essentially blocking the exhaust almost completely off at the manifold and the power and heat have no where to go. Insite will usually report the turbo at a low position, so the only way to know for sure is to drain the coolant, remove the actuator, and do a turbo inspection.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I did a tune up by cleaning everything except for pulling the erg valve right apart and the Sensors ( I cleaned them and changed the imap ) I could not the the 1/4 pipes off on the exhaust side though . I just pulled the Venturi pipe back and it is pushing exhaust though ( pass pass) surging . Idid the tune up 20000 ago when I bought it and was going to order the rest of the sensors next week
replyreply
Last night it won't go over 1000 . After it sat for 10 hours I had full rpm but no boost ? I cannot drain the antifreeze here were I am . What would you recommend putting it on the computer first or checking the turbo manually like you suggested
replyreply
(03-27-2016 )Tyler b Wrote:  Last night it won't go over 1000 . After it sat for 10 hours I had full rpm but no boost ? I cannot drain the antifreeze here were I am . What would you recommend putting it on the computer first or checking the turbo manually like you suggested

This is what you need to do, listen to RAWZE. Insite will usually report the turbo at a low position, so the only way to know for sure is to drain the coolant, remove the actuator, and do a turbo inspection. Watch the video!!!!
replyreply
I will try to limp in to somewhere with a computer and inspect the turbo like rawze had said . As long as it is not locked wide open
Believe me I was not trying to disagree with rawze or not take his advice . I could not possible thank him or this form enough for the knowledge I have gained . That is why I am asking and seeking advice from you guys. Also I respect this form more then any shop that I could ever find
Thank you for the advice , knowledge and your valuable time .
replyreply
I just do not like to see anyone make more problems than they already have. hopefully it is not the turbo, but when someone says they can hardly get the truck to go, it is always good to advise people on the possibility of further damage. i have seen people take out their injectors or worse,.. pistons of such seemingly simply things.

I would also replace the exhaust back-pressure sensor if it is old before pulling the turbo apart, just to be sure it is not that. I have seen them cause the turbo to go to very high positions and do similar things, but it is usually is not that extreme. I even heard of one case that someone reported a long time ago on this forum where they went through replacing several turbochargers because of that sensor alone.

Pulling the turbo apart and giving it a good inspection is bet=st though if you can manage it. That way you know what you got for sure.

if you end up pulling it apart and inspecting it, and your not sure of the travel range, watch the video closely at around 23 minutes in I think, I show well, what the range should be. Ensure it moves freely all the way to both places that I show in the video.

Be sure to have a laptop with Insite handy before putting it back together if you do take it apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-28-2016, (Subject: Help please. ? ) 
Start it and unplug the magic plug see how hot the venture pipe gets going into the intake if it's getting hot then the egr is stuck open.If it stays normal temp then egr is closing like it should. This is just a way to test if egr is closing the way it should with temp sensor unplugged.Also with it unplugged boost pressure will only reach about 30 to 32 psi under high load engine conditions.
replyreply
(03-27-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  might be a broken turbo impeller shaft.

Hedley,
Would he be able to remove the front and rear piping from the turbo, then with his hand's turn the impeller blade's on front and rear in opposite direction's to determine if his shaft is broken?
yes, he can remove the air cleaner boot off the Turbo intake side and be able to spin the intake impeller freely, we had one do a nag similar to what he is describing, and this is what we found in our case.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
Thanks everyone for your help . I found the turbo actuator to be the problem . I also found out th turbo was done 50,000 miles ago .
Thanks again everyone
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.