Cm2250 injector test fail...
01-26-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 injector test fail... ) 
RE: Cm2250 injector test fail...
(01-26-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(01-26-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  
(01-24-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  Replace the fuel actuator on the fuel pump. If your pressure fluctuates alot that actuator is bad or going bad. Its what controls the fuel supply.

Update! Replaced fuel pump actuator and passed fuel leak test only lost 3,400 psi in 1 min. Thanks starlight!!!
You have something else doing bad in fuel system. Pressure on my engine stays almost same for hours.

It goes from 29,100 to 25,600 and stays there doesn't drop after 1 min. It shouldn't drop at all? What else can be wrong?

If it stays it's OK. Was thinking it dropping down every minute. The dropping pressure depends on on temperature to. If it;s cold outside the fuel cools down more rapidly.
replyreply
Speaking of this jimeneztrans84, I had the same problem about Xmas time. Fuel pressure fluctuated about 3k psi when running over commanded. I swapped out the actuator too and it seemed to help, but the problem came back. So I swapped the fuel relief valve and the pressure sensor and changed filters for good measure. Now it stays close to commanded but still fluctuates a little. Cummins says fluctuation up to 1450 psi is acceptable.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(01-26-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  Speaking of this jimeneztrans84, I had the same problem about Xmas time. Fuel pressure fluctuated about 3k psi when running over commanded. I swapped out the actuator too and it seemed to help, but the problem came back. So I swapped the fuel relief valve and the pressure sensor and changed filters for good measure. Now it stays close to commanded but still fluctuates a little. Cummins says fluctuation up to 1450 psi is acceptable.

Swapped out pressure relief valve and sensor about 75k miles ago.... just needed actuator was original that came with pump... Thanks guys!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.