Heading to mr haggs for monday morning
02-04-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
RE: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning
Thanks all for your time and advice, I really apreciate it. I guess I'll keep this guy. How can I reach Mr.Haggs?, I know that he's in Atlanta, Ga. Maybe, I'll stop by and let them visually check my engine and so on. Ya all have a nice Sunday!
replyreply
02-04-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
$38,000 for my in frame, roughly $34,000 in Genuine Cummins Parts. 2008 CM-871 ProStar... We replaced EVERYTHING except the CAC and Fan Clutch. We did the transmission and a new clutch too. I have since put a new CAC in, and wish I would have done it back then. If you are going the in frame route, don't skimp, especially if there is over 700,000 miles on the unit and you plan to keep. Do as much as you can afford. And don't forget the crankshaft damper and sensors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , JMBT , Chamberpains
02-07-2018, (Subject: Heading to mr haggs for monday morning ) 
Just left Mr haggs yesterday. As always they did a great job.Turned out I needed timing and metering actuators to solve my idle trouble.They also fixed some other troubles I had and even went back and did a update on the tune.Truck literally runs like it was new again.Really great people up there .If you ever need work done and can make it there they will take care of you.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , Wiseman , DKenworth , JMBT
(02-07-2018 )flonly Wrote:  Just left Mr haggs yesterday. As always they did a great job.Turned out I needed timing and metering actuators to solve my idle trouble.They also fixed some other troubles I had and even went back and did a update on the tune.Truck literally runs like it was new again.Really great people up there .If you ever need work done and can make it there they will take care of you.

[/b][/size] Great! Thanks for keeping us posted! Be safe!
replyreply
TBH I never knew those things can make a truck run so bad. His truck was pretty bad. Kind of felt bad knowing we just inframed it 60k ago. But I had some test ones we installed just to see and wow it made alot of difference. I have taken them apart and still to this day can not see how those things work like they do...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking
This place is so full of knowledge! I had no idea what it takes to keep a rig running especially if your buying used and a dealer is asking 40,000 and it's going to need an inframe at a cost of 18,000 - 30,000.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.