ISX 475 oil leak
02-05-2018, (Subject: ISX 475 oil leak ) 
RE: ISX 475 oil leak
Let’s not worry about crankcase filter for now . Signature 620 asked for a picture for a reason. This will determine what engine you have and we’ll go from there.
ISX family started with CM570 and Signature/ fixed vane / non VGTurbo .
So we can say first generation ISX .

Then came up CM870 with air actuated VGTurbo and EGR .
So we can say second generation ISX .

2002 can be either of first two .

Then came up CM871 with electronically actuated VGTurbo , EGR and DPFilter + crankcase filter .
So we can say third generation ISX .

So far I have to see crankcase filter on first two yet .
Got to focus on this serious blow by and power loss that can be for many reasons.

So , what engine you have ?

Edit :
If it’s not too much , mod please move this one to ISX related help , so it doesn’t get lost ?
replyreply
(02-05-2018 )Wiseman Wrote:  Let’s not worry about crankcase filter for now . Signature 620 asked for a picture for a reason. This will determine what engine you have and we’ll go from there.

Then came up CM871 with electronically actuated VGTurbo , EGR and DPFilter + crankcase filter .

Got to focus on this serious blow by and power loss that can be for many reasons.

Edit :
If it’s not too much , mod please move this one to ISX related help , so it doesn’t get lost ?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
I hope this is clear enough I found it on my phone
replyreply
(02-05-2018 )s53s Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 )Wiseman Wrote:  Let’s not worry about crankcase filter for now . Signature 620 asked for a picture for a reason. This will determine what engine you have and we’ll go from there.

Edit :

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
    Ok , so it’s CM570 . Nice engine . At least you don’t have to deal with this nice crapp we have to deal here .
Give us all information you currently know about it . Like miles,
Anything done about the head . Boost under full load . Pyro temperatures. Fuel consumption.
And so on ..... anything you can think of it.
replyreply
02-06-2018, (Subject: ISX 475 oil leak ) 
(02-05-2018 )Wiseman Wrote:  Ok , so it’s CM570 . Nice engine . At least you don’t have to deal with this nice crapp we have to deal here .
Give us all information you currently know about it . Like miles,
Anything done about the head . Boost under full load . Pyro temperatures. Fuel consumption.
And so on ..... anything you can think of it.
Thank you Wiseman , its comforting hearing its a good engine, the engine has 1,193,000km the fuel is 1,9kpl the temperature runs at 82degrees Celsius with normal water in the engine, the oil pressure is at 265kpa max. The previous owner says nothing was done on the head he replaced the rings and sleeves 2 years ago he used after market rings and sleeves not from cummins they are quite popular down here because of pricing, can I get the same type of engine a recon from that side? I am considering having a spare one.
replyreply
Cummins still build these new and recon if you want to source one from them. It's hard to help with your oil leak until you get a chance to take pictures. If it's halfway along on the intake side then it might be your engine brake harness leaking oil.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman
Wow, thank you we did see some leaks on the harness and we put some gasket maker and it has stopped there, the major leak is on the exhaust side half way between the exhaust and sump we just see a lot of oil there, the truck should be back this weekend for pictures.
replyreply
(02-06-2018 )s53s Wrote:  ...
he used after market rings and sleeves not from cummins they are quite popular down here because of pricing...

After-market rings an d sleeves are never as good as factory components. Tolerances are not as good and materials are not either. That is why they are so cheap. I would never do that in an engine that I cared anything about. Jump over a dollar to save a dime.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.