Low engine speed during high pressure test
02-09-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
RE: Low engine speed during high pressure test
basically all the tool is is a cap off for the rail to eliminate the fuel connector and injector for 1 cylinder. You just cap one off and run it and see if the return flow gets less/stops bypassing. then put on 2 of the block offs then 3 and so forth until you find the bad injector/tube etc.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Rounded_nut
02-11-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
(02-09-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  basically all the tool is is a cap off for the rail to eliminate the fuel connector and injector for 1 cylinder. You just cap one off and run it and see if the return flow gets less/stops bypassing. then put on 2 of the block offs then 3 and so forth until you find the bad injector/tube etc.

So I've decided I'll get the block offs because this probably won't be the last time I have injector issues, but I wanted to know, when starting and running the pressure up, should I also use the cylinder shut off in insite to prevent the injectors that are isolated from moving? Without the fuel to lubricate the needle and crud I worry about any damage from running it dry.
replyreply
02-12-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
Just to update, got the isolator and started on number one injector....held pressure great, after 2 minutes it was well within spec and the pressure release actually sprayed fuel when I cracked it off. Oh well only 950 for the replacement.
replyreply
02-12-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
(02-12-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  Just to update, got the isolator and started on number one injector....held pressure great, after 2 minutes it was well within spec and the pressure release actually sprayed fuel when I cracked it off. Oh well only 950 for the replacement.

lol got lucky did we, good to hear it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
02-17-2018, (Subject: Low engine speed during high pressure test ) 
Final update, replaced the injector and from an earlier issue of the hatchet job from PukeDits I also got all the trim codes entered. I ran the leakdown and it exceeded specification spectacularly!

From entering the trim codes, having previously none, the idle has smoothed to the point that my laptop can sit on the steering wheel without shaking off and it various from 699-701, most of the time just sitting at 700, compared to 697-702 before. I know, it's a small thing but just shows how trim codes make such a small but important difference. I'll be doing a short run tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see if it is producing noticeably smoother power.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman
(02-17-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  Final update, replaced the injector and from an earlier issue of the hatchet job from PukeDits I also got all the trim codes entered. I ran the leakdown and it exceeded specification spectacularly!

From entering the trim codes, having previously none, the idle has smoothed to the point that my laptop can sit on the steering wheel without shaking off and it various from 699-701, most of the time just sitting at 700, compared to 697-702 before. I know, it's a small thing but just shows how trim codes make such a small but important difference. I'll be doing a short run tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see if it is producing noticeably smoother power.

That is because those big-name highly advertised companies who do that type of work are complete and utter shameless take-your-money butchers!. Hopefully you are not running your ECM on that rotten S$it tuning from them any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-17-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  That is because those big-name highly advertised companies who do that type of work are complete and utter shameless take-your-money butchers!. Hopefully you are not running your ECM on that terrible S$it tuning from them any more.

That's no joke, I had an inkling of their shadiness before but learned more since coming here.

As for the ECM, still on their tune simply because I don't know where to start. It's been deleted so going to the recommended guy is not an option, lol matter of fact many shops are not an option, but I enjoy working on my truck and saving the labor charges. It's a 2350 that also has a fixed vane, anyways, if you have some ideas on who to talk with about remote work or ? I'm always game, pm me if you'd prefer. Typically I do keep the boost down to be a little gentler to the engine but I do expect it to have a shorter lifespan, and worst comes to worst when it lets loose my plan is to get the damn thing done right and refitted with the proper parts and tune, I hear there is one for the 2250/2350 kinda like mm, but to be fair I'd settle for a tune that simply gives me stock power and won't blow the damn engine up!
replyreply
Unilevers and/or Mommaburt I think have worked remotely with those unfortunate mistakes of engines that have had the VG removed. I know gearhead has too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-17-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Unilevers and/or Mommaburt I think have worked remotely with those unfortunate mistakes of engines that have had the VG removed. I know gearhead has too.

Ok thanks I'll get in touch with them.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.