Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
03-21-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
RE: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
https://youtu.be/7Hbv4BovDVA

This will get you started, lightwerks has alot of great videos on how to guides as well as projector and bulb comparisons.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
06-25-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
Hi Guy's,

It's been some time since I checked in. Been working on the truck and just about ready to hit the road in July.

I have pulled the interior and gave it a good cleaning, put in dynamat, replaced the floor mats and seats.

I have installed the gauges, Pyro, Boost and Load.

I also replaced the air springs and all the brake chambers along with inner front fender wells and rear quarter fenders.

I ran the overhead and everything looks good plus replaced some A/C lines and got the A/C going.

I also installed a 2000 watt inverter for power and plan to mount some batteries to the passenger side frame mount for extra capacity.

All in all good progress
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , Moose
looks good so far.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I drilled straight into the exhaust manifold so I get TIT, "Turbo Inlet Temperature" on the Pyrometer.

Some pics of the tear down.

And one of dash top before I got the gauges installed.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
06-26-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
You should hook up a manual fan switch. Here is a write up about it. http://hdt.eurekaboy.com/fanswitch.htm

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
06-26-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
Thank you for that info. My fan circuit/system needs to be repaired as the fan is on all the time. I haven't had time to track down what's not working yet. This will help with that process and gives me another way to control it.
replyreply
07-15-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
Getting closer to the maiden voyage. Had the front tires replaced with Goodyear Marathon LHS's. For now I had them put in the beads. I do want to go to Centramic balancers later now that I know it has 15" drums on the front plus try out the centering studs to true up everything.

Got the turbo waste gate actuator replaced, that was a bear to get off with it rusted to the shaft.

I also found new replacement headlights made by Doorman for $250 ea with bulbs and harness included. Much nicer with the new lights!

And my trailer got delivered. 2007 Wabash Duraplate in real good condition. I do need to put a couple of tires on it but over all very happy with it

Can't wait to get this truck to a body shop to have the classic bottom of the door rust out repaired.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
looks good for a Volvo..LOL... very nice work.... but if your going to pull a van trailer are you going to add a OEM faring on the top of that truck?? i'd thing that help out your fuel mileage out alot..

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
(07-15-2018 )stevesparts Wrote:  but if your going to pull a van trailer are you going to add a OEM faring on the top of that truck?? i'd thing that help out your fuel mileage out alot..

For sure. I've documented my mid roof pulling light van trailers and it drops a full MPG+. Mid 7's dropped to low 6's pulling 20,000lbs in the box. I can really feel it struggling when there was a head wind.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.