Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read
03-13-2018, (Subject: Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read ) 
Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read
Really great info regarding the wear metals in your oil samples

.pdf  MRT_Metals_Detected_in_Machine_Fluid_Analysis.pdf (Size: 222.08 KB / Downloads: 754)

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read ) 
RE: Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read
Interesting reading on GL4-GL5 differences

.pdf  Transaxle_oil updated 21-july-2017.pdf (Size: 844.54 KB / Downloads: 896)

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read ) 
(03-14-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  Interesting reading on GL4-GL5 differences

I have seen this document. Some of it is valid and some of it is a scare tactic. I bet I could find a 40+ year old brass component out of about anything and it look chewed up like that. Most of that brass damage he is claiming is from moisture build-up and neglect more than anything. It is obvious.

Modern GL-5 oils are not problematic like this.

At 7:00 on this video i show some brass components in the enigne and what gear lube GL-5 did to it after 950k miles of running a gallon of gear lube (10%) at each oil change ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2
03-15-2018, (Subject: Oil Sample Results Info-How to Read ) 
(03-14-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-14-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  Interesting reading on GL4-GL5 differences

I have seen this document. Some of it is valid and some of it is a scare tactic. I bet I could find a 40+ year old brass component out of about anything and it look chewed up like that. Most of that brass damage he is claiming is from moisture build-up and neglect more than anything. It is obvious.

Modern GL-5 oils are not problematic like this.

At 7:00 on this video i show some brass components in the enigne and what gear lube GL-5 did to it after 950k miles of running a gallon of gear lube (10%) at each oil change ...

Thanks for that Rawze. I used the GL-5 this past oil change. Another 10k miles and I'll re-sample, but I remember you stated in your tech document that the newer GL-5's don't have that issue which is why I went with it.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.