Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
06-04-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
Sorry, I am not trying to promote any agenda. I don't exactly understand the manufactured wall of lies/ one blow comment. I don't see where anyone questioned statement, 6nz. I merely commented that it was impressive. And I did not mean that sarcastically. You said "cattle trailer" and so I thought this was common ground between us and sparked my attention . I am 52 and been hauling cattle since I was 19 and seek to learn from others on a daily basis. Although I have never hauled pigs I know plenty that have. They ride different. 52k of pigs on a two deck trailer have little room move around like 52k of 1000lb calves. Cows and large calves pull harder than most anything pound for pound when loaded anywhere near legal weight because they have do much room to move about. Transferring weight from one corner to the other is constantly changing the final geometry of the suspension and causing minor changes in alignment especially on trailer and magnified if it is a spread. This can substantially affect rolling resistance and therefore mpg. Also requires constant minor corrections in steering to stay in your lane. 6nz, I only meant to praise your achievement. I know alot of small fleet owners and drivers in the cattle biz and yes fuel is one of several expenses we deal with and I know of no one with a 6.5+ rolling average pulling a pot hauling cattle. Very, very few exceed 5.5. Take the same tractors and put them on a van or whatever and operate them sensibly in that environment and 6.5-7 is likely achievable.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round - W9L - 06-04-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.