Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
06-04-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
As to the square trucks, it is the norm for cattle trucks in our region. TRUE aero trucks like the megas' use are constructed to be light and somewhat disposable. The places we load here in the Ozarks often require miles of dirt and gravel roads, creek crossings, overhanging limbs, mud that requires the tractor to be towed to the pavement by large farm tractors, etc. The ground effects and fairings of the mega type trucks don't fair well in such conditions. I don't think people realize how specialized this line of work is. While some megas dabble in the pork side of livestock transport their attempts at breaking into the cattle side have been very limited. Speedway Livestock Transport of the early 90's comes to mind. There is truly a driver shortage in this industry. Hard to find enough farm boys willing to face off with the cattle in confined spaces. The drivers and the equipment the equipment they show up in are somewhat representative of the buyer/shipper and they know it and they are paying the freight. I have little interest in true show trucks. Any clean well maintained truck, trailer and driver impress me much more. Maybe not such an issue with more modern trucks but many of the early aero trucks lacked enough cooling capacity to survive in this biz. Heating results in higher duty cycle of fan. Combine that with the under hood air intake resulting in high iat and some of the many benefits of the aero are lessened. Rawze, I must reiterate my respect for your knowledge and research in the science involved with trucks and trucking. And I have learned alot by reading your posts and articles. You have changed my mind about many things and made me think about things such as Lucas and vgt 's from a different perspective. I take your hatred of many of your members , including mine, personal. The EPA is a far bigger enemy of new owner operators and a big friend of the megas and the ATA than the aerodynamics or lack thereof, of a specific group of peoples trucks. Domestic oil has provided many high paying jobs in North America off and on for years. -uncluding trucking. We had became very energy independant in the US which calmed much global unrest as it relates to big oil. Yes, I am pissed too, but it is more aimed at the overreach of government than big oil. I come here , in part, to get my mind off of that crap. The demands of different trucking vocations varies wildly. But the limits mechanics and physics do not. I am sure my equipment would not perform efficiently in your industry and I doubt if yours would in my world. Nevertheless, I seek to learn and exchange knowledge. Can we please just get along? Thank you for your time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kw9006nz , schISM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round - W9L - 06-04-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.