Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
12-14-2021, (Subject: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round ) 
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round
(12-14-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote:  Is there any actual accurate data on fuel mileage difference between a brick truck and aero? I wonder what the difference would be if Rawze would drive a 379 with exact same equipment as what he has in the International... Seems most drivers who have an ego fed by the looks of their large car also have more aggressive driving habits, which makes it look like all the brick trucks are fuel hogs...

there are people who hyper-mile with their square noses.. they are lucky to get about mid-7's mpg under the same exact conditions that I am breaking 9 mpg+ on. This has been see time and again.

there is even a youtuber-blogger that used to have a CM2250 and an aero truck.. he consistently got every bit of 9+ mpg fully loaded, on paper to the gallons/miles like I do.. He traded it in for a square nose pete.. spec'd for best fuel efficiency.. and went down to the high 6's and he struggled for months to get it up into the low 7's.. and has regretted it ever since.

That is several thousands of dollars a year right out of the stacks.. no amount of resale value on a truck like that will ever make up for the fuel mileage losses alone.. they just are not worth having any more unless you have a specific need for that pig-nosed front end (super-heavy haul.. off-road, etc).. aside form that.. you are putting on lead shoes for a marathon, and then wondering why everyone around you is out-pacing you all the time in profits.

Those square nose trucks are fuel pigs, flat out. .. How about if you doubt it.. I give you a 4x8 sheet of ply-wood to hold up flat against the wind while standing in the back of my pick-up truck and see how fast that I go before it knocks you backwards... That is what your pushing down the roads with those things.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Mileage Bonus Round - Rawze - 12-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.