Time for some new rubber...
03-21-2018, (Subject: Time for some new rubber... ) 
Time for some new rubber...
...time for these m726's to go.

I bought them on a recommendation by the local tire shop in Savannah, against my better judgement. Cost wasn't too bad...it's the mileage I can't stand. I can't even pick up speed downhill while loaded half the time, the rolling resistance is just too high.

Tires aren't even half worn yet, but I'm thinking if I don't change them now, it'll be more $ down the toilet by the time they do need replacing.

Anyway, I need to find somewhere that sells these things reasonably without burning out more brain cells. The shop I called kept trying to sell me everything BUT the m710...but this is 'just as good', or 'but this is cheaper and lasts just as long'. I had to finally break it down for him repeatedly to the point it was practically insulting to make my point, and by now, they weren't even trying to put in the effort to sell them. To make it worse, they offered me a whopping $60 apiece for my 726's...like I should be happy about that. No, they'll make a good tire up north between November and February. Hell I can sell them on Craigslist all day long for twice that easy.

So I am curious now, where have you guys picked up yours and for what price? I haven't found them under $680 locally so far...so much for the Bridgestone account...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Time for some new rubber...
Im running hankook dl11s on mine. 325 each. Seem to take the abuse of heavy agri and sand prty well. They were recommended by the guy that im hauling for.
replyreply
I just bought my m710 low pro 22.5's from a local guy in Shermansdale, PA. $570 a piece installed with equal and mounted the correct way with stud centering tool. I love them so far. I think the Lowest rolling resistance out there on a drive tire. I think 96 where as those hancooks are 110ish. He tried selling me those also but Im giving the higher end tire a try. I can PM you his contact info. Him and his tire shop are probably the best in the state and 1 of those truely genuine good people.
replyreply
wrong post

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Im running hankook dl11s on mine. 325 each. Seem to take the abuse of heavy agri and sand prty well. They were recommended by the guy that im hauling for.

are they good for over the road
replyreply
I think i gave $2800 for all 8 M710 drives. Got them at speedco but I am also part of a national account with my carrier.

here are some words about tire resistance ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=192

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I like the Goodyear endurance lhd.

Not much beats the 710 ecopia though.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  ...
I can't even pick up speed downhill while loaded half the time

keep an eye on altitude for your GPS. You will be surprised at some places you think are downhill, but really are not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I did...anything up to about 3%it just won't pick up speed.

I just checked all my wheels and wheel bearings...no other truck I've driven has had this much rolling resistance.

My next big move for mileage is in the tires!

Speedco...never thought about them. Hmm...I'll give them a call. Need to buy a set of wheels too *ack!*

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.