OODO-Cleaning Out The Soot
03-25-2018, (Subject: OODO-Cleaning Out The Soot ) 
RE: OODO-Cleaning Out The Soot
(03-24-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I'm the guy that asks what I'm sure everyone else knows but me. What is OODO?

Owner Operator's Day Off

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
I have 4 kids, 3 are girls. Who you telling?!! Lol

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Both sensors have been ordered and should be in Houston by the time I get back this coming weekend. The reason I checked was because another member had asked about my oil samples and why there was no soot. That got me thinking. I began to wonder if maybe the EGR wasn't opening so I figured I'd do it, take some pix, post them and maybe help someone else also. What I'd really like to know is whether or not that plugged venturi port would've adversely affected my mileage because to day I got 8.8 mpg going from Tuscaloosa through Talladega and down to Phenix City, AL. Best I've ever done that run was 8.4 mpg.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
03-26-2018, (Subject: OODO-Cleaning Out The Soot ) 
(03-25-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  Both sensors have been ordered and should be in Houston by the time I get back this coming weekend. The reason I checked was because another member had asked about my oil samples and why there was no soot. That got me thinking. I began to wonder if maybe the EGR wasn't opening so I figured I'd do it, take some pix, post them and maybe help someone else also. What I'd really like to know is whether or not that plugged venturi port would've adversely affected my mileage because to day I got 8.8 mpg going from Tuscaloosa through Talladega and down to Phenix City, AL. Best I've ever done that run was 8.4 mpg.

That soot in your Venturi will affect your mpg. I am saying that from past experience on my 871 after doing the EGR Tuneup and soot removal. I immediately gained 1 mpg. I was running around 4.5 mpg and went to 5.5 mpg. Good to see some Detroit guys on here. Seems to me most guys that run the Detroits somehow think they are immune from these emission issues. Thanks for posting! And I am interested in learning more about these DD13's and 15's, welcome aboard!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bossboy2 , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.