Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
06-10-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ...
I want to add this, Rawze's family is incredibly considerate, or gracious, I think that is a better word. His wife is the bomb, he is a lucky man. Oh, if you any of you do get an invite, use the step stool for the shower, long story... If you ever get there, you will understand. Thanks Zen. ;-)
replyreply
[quote='Waterloo' pid='27598' dateline='1528613136']
I want to add this......Oh, if you any of you do get an invite, use the step stool for the shower, long story... If you ever get there, you will understand. Thanks Zen. ;-)
[/quote
Hmmm.. this is new to me.. i should stop by again and see..
By the way have u smiled on the way driving back
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Wow, has this been an incredible journey, or what??! Congratulations on getting back on the road. I've been playing catch-up for a week or so, and wondered what was taking so long, then realized you'd fallen into one of my favorite traps- the extra-extra-curricular working vacation! Having a main goal, but getting sidetracked by additional missions is when I have my most interesting adventures.

A huge "Thank You" to both Waterloo and Rawze for showing that this quite involved process can still be done, literally, in a driveway. The longer I own my truck, the more I try to do on my own, and this goes to show why that's not always a bad idea.

Enjoy your "New" truck Waterloo, I'm sure it's going to be a great adventure!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-11-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-10-2018 )ZeroNthedark Wrote:  Wow, has this been an incredible journey, or what??! Congratulations on getting back on the road. I've been playing catch-up for a week or so, and wondered what was taking so long, then realized you'd fallen into one of my favorite traps- the extra-extra-curricular working vacation! Having a main goal, but getting sidetracked by additional missions is when I have my most interesting adventures.

A huge "Thank You" to both Waterloo and Rawze for showing that this quite involved process can still be done, literally, in a driveway. The longer I own my truck, the more I try to do on my own, and this goes to show why that's not always a bad idea.

Enjoy your "New" truck Waterloo, I'm sure it's going to be a great adventure!

Yes, an incredible journey... The motor is running great, 700 miles and only used 1/4 of a tank of fuel, at least according to the fuel gauge. Normally I would be at 1/2 a tank at this point.

I took her down to the glass shop, had the new windshield installed. Then ran her over to the local TA and had them give me a DOT inspection. We found an air leak at the firewall, fixed that with a new brass compression fitting, replaced that plastic push crap thing. She passed with flying colors.

On the way to the glass shop, I dropped the injector cores off at the International dealer. The guys were cool, I told them the issues and they were just glad it is now running as it should have been when it left their shop twenty-five months ago. Everything is good there, the truck is running and I earned an expensive lesson. I've got a few little things to address and should be back to work in a few days.

Thank God the truck is running, purring like a kitten and when needed will bite like a BIG DOG!

I cannot get over how tight this motor is, and that turbo with Rawze's programming just kicks butt! Man, she is responsive, the entire motor is responsive, it just want to GO! Very happy.:big_smile2:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains , ZeroNthedark
06-12-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
No doubt.

I'm curious what their excuse will be for this, if it's happened to others, and if it's possible that it could have contributed? Doesn't the 600 use a different liner?

I heard somewhere the higher HP ISX uses a 152mm liner, and the others a 150, or something to that effect. If true, I would imagine that would contribute to the failure.

.pdf  327183140-4383774-ISX15-and-QSX15-Piston-and-Cylinder-Liner-Change-History-pdf.pdf (Size: 140.83 KB / Downloads: 654)I found this Service Bulletin
replyreply
Hi Rawze!

Does this document be accurate?

Simon

C14H30

.pdf  ISX Cross Reference Chart.pdf (Size: 935.28 KB / Downloads: 341)
replyreply
(06-12-2018 )C12H23 Wrote:  No doubt.

I'm curious what their excuse will be for this, if it's happened to others, and if it's possible that it could have contributed? Doesn't the 600 use a different liner?

I heard somewhere the higher HP ISX uses a 152mm liner, and the others a 150, or something to that effect. If true, I would imagine that would contribute to the failure.

I found this Service Bulletin

Actually your incorrect...

I have seen 400hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.
I have seen 450hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.
I have seen 500hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.
I have seen 550hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.
I have seen 600hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.

It is COMPLETELY RANDOM! what liners you have in your engine and cannot be determined until you pull the head off the engine and measure the top [of the narrow area where the o-ring is].

-- The 152 liners are intended for the qsx/qsk engines and the block will be machined as such, but by the time is leaves the factory, that block may end up as an ISX depending on demand.

Mr. Hag's shop recently reported that roughly about 30-40% of all the ISX engines he rebuilds have the 152 liners instead of the standard 150 liners. It is very annoying because you basically can't order the correct overhaul kit for an ISX until the head is off, engine HP rating has nothing to do with it at all.

============

Some recent measuring and testing has revealed that all of the Anti-polishing kits RAISE THE COMPRESSION RATIO in all model ISX's that they are put into. This means LOWER BOOST is required on Cm871 engines with these kits by about 2 PSI to offset this.

The high HP ISX kit compared to the lower HP kits have THREE COMPONENT CHANGES in them. They are..

1) The pistons themselves -- The higher hp kit has a lower compression piston in it with a bigger bowl in its middle. ALL OTHER COMPONENTS INSTALLED INTO THE BLOCK are the same. Liners, cam, rods, etc.etc.etc.

2) The injectors are different. The higher HP injectors have a different loading angle, therefore requiring a different injector cam and different programming to operate them correctly. The injector spray angle and such is set up for the lower compression pistons of the higher hp models. I.E. -> The programming MUST MATCH THE TYPE OF INJECTOR YOU HAVE and the injector cam needs to match too.

3) The injector cam is different, as stated above. The injectors and injector cam need to be a match for each other. If there is a mis-match, it will still run, but the higher fuel capacity of the bigger injectors will be somewhat lost.

-- If anyone wants to know, just ask Waterloo,... he just went through this nightmare of mis-matched parts because the stealershit did a horrible job.

==========

IT ALSO is completely random what crank bearings you have too. MOST of the crank bearings in them are the standard size, but you cannot count on this until you pull them and inspect them. Crank bearing size can also change within the same engine from one cylinder to the next.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo , simon999 , BobsYourUncle
(06-12-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  I have seen 400hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.

It is COMPLETELY RANDOM! what liners you have in your engine and cannot be determined until you pull the head off the engine and measure the tops.

Just curious - how you can tell from the top? Quickserve shows measuring the "land" below the o-ring.

I just ordered a new crank and out of frame kit for mine - 150mm, flat top liners, no grooves on the bottom, no liner shims. I would like to verify the block didn't have the wrong liners in it though.
replyreply
06-13-2018, (Subject: Helping Waterloo out with an inframe ... ) 
(06-12-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(06-12-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  I have seen 400hp engines with 150 liners AND 152 liners.

It is COMPLETELY RANDOM! what liners you have in your engine and cannot be determined until you pull the head off the engine and measure the tops.

Just curious - how you can tell from the top? Quickserve shows measuring the "land" below the o-ring.

I just ordered a new crank and out of frame kit for mine - 150mm, flat top liners, no grooves on the bottom, no liner shims. I would like to verify the block didn't have the wrong liners in it though.

Here is where they are measured (poor choice of words I suppose, I have corrected it ) ...
./uploads/201806/post_2_1528923794_b7aee5fdf37aa710dcd88b1a59d06a4a.jpg

As far as ensuring you have the right one, the 152 liner will not fit into the block if it was cut for 150 liners. - If you try to put in a 150 liner where the block was cut for a 152 liner, it will be very loose and fairly obvious it is too small.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.