Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube
08-27-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube
More pics

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , marek4792
08-27-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
That is truly sad. Pay someone top dollar so that you can go behind them and do it again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , Chamberpains , Old Driver , Toolguy
08-28-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
(08-27-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  That is truly sad. Pay someone top dollar so that you can go behind them and do it again.

You're too polite with "That is truly sad."
My only thought was "UN-F###ING-BELIEVABLE"!

BTW, HUGE of the innovative $2.00 tool!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Old Driver
08-28-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
Well, he got off lighter than myself... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
09-03-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
Ok, did the entire exhaust manifold today. Like suspected neither slip joint had the gasket installed per manual.

Had to double check but it was a cummins shop. One of the mechanics showed me a slip joint on a cat motor while i was at this minnesota shop and told me that they all leak after a few months.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
09-03-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
Oh the stupidity, it burns! Did you have any trouble getting the three sections together? I ended up lubing up the slip joint areas and using a deadblow mallet to push them together on mine. Cat and also Cummins sell the "diaper" kits to fix this problem but I have found it to be a complete waste of money at $100 per side!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
09-04-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
Been a couple of months on my new manifold, no leaks here on the CM-871. Sounds like a load of crap to me, leaking.
replyreply
(09-03-2018 )Bahdan Wrote:  Ok, did the entire exhaust manifold today. Like suspected neither slip joint had the gasket installed per manual.

Had to double check but it was a cummins shop. One of the mechanics showed me a slip joint on a cat motor while i was at this minnesota shop and told me that they all leak after a few months.

I guess they would all leak when your "certified" shop is installing them wrong. - Idiots with wrenches. That is what you pay for when letting OEM certified shops work on your truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-03-2018 )marek4792 Wrote:  Oh the stupidity, it burns! Did you have any trouble getting the three sections together? I ended up lubing up the slip joint areas and using a deadblow mallet to push them together on mine. Cat and also Cummins sell the "diaper" kits to fix this problem but I have found it to be a complete waste of money at $100 per side!!

The end sections went in pretty easy, just a few taps with a rubber mallet. I was intimidated by this job but now that ive done the manifold its quite simple. I didnt take the manifold sections apart but i think it would be easy to take them apart.
I thought abot the seal kit that goes on the outside of the manifold but decided to do it the correct way and take it all apart. When i first started looking into the leaks i had no idea why a shop wasn’t able to seal it. I figured they must have done everything right and i got a defective manifold. The secong time i brought the truck back to the shop after it was installed the mechanic even showed me the gasket covered in soot. I just never would have thought that they could install it how they did.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.