buying a 2014 pete 386
05-06-2018, (Subject: buying a 2014 pete 386 ) 
RE: buying a 2014 pete 386
Newbie few questions to add: Just bought a 2011 Cascadia with ISX Cummins 396,000 miles with no history but everything and imap is red. Watched a lot of Rawze videos. THANKS RAWZE!!!! for all the time and effort you put in to help others. (1) I am looking to buy insite but what version do I want to get there is everything from 6,7 to 8.2? (2) If so much is determined by what this sensor or that sensor is saying. Should we first do a egr tuneup/replace sensors or clean all If someone we're planning to do a de-man tune? Or if are these sensors no longer used after a tune?
replyreply
Waiting on bank for loan approval. Heading out in a week or so. I'll look at ebay. Particular program or version I am looking for? Are there any videos on how to use the software or is there a tutorial with the program?
replyreply
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  Waiting on bank for loan approval. Heading out in a week or so. I'll look at ebay. Particular program or version I am looking for? Are there any videos on how to use the software or is there a tutorial with the program?
I have an inline 5 adapter and insite 7.6.2 that should work for you also but I'm sure others will chime in on it. I'm pretty sure rawze has a video on it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  He is a dealer, but does more trailer sales than truck. Very familiar with my 04 isx, just got no clue on this new one. I know what to look for as far the the truck and what to expect. The motor is what's got me nervous.

You should be nervous. Myself, I would keep the old one if it is still serviceable and put your money into a known quantity. Just me having been down the EPA Highway to HELL.
replyreply
(05-06-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  Waiting on bank for loan approval. Heading out in a week or so. I'll look at ebay. Particular program or version I am looking for? Are there any videos on how to use the software or is there a tutorial with the program?
I have an inline 5 adapter and insite 7.6.2 that should work for you also but I'm sure others will chime in on it. I'm pretty sure rawze has a video on it.

I just looked on Ebay and I am not sure which is best to buy. I have a laptop I can use. Some are selling just a cd. What cables, etc. should I be looking for? Can you point me in the right direction with a link?
replyreply
(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  He is a dealer, but does more trailer sales than truck. Very familiar with my 04 isx, just got no clue on this new one. I know what to look for as far the the truck and what to expect. The motor is what's got me nervous.

You should be nervous. Myself, I would keep the old one if it is still serviceable and put your money into a known quantity. Just me having been down the EPA Highway to HELL.

My '05 is EGR deleted with PukeDits stage 1 and I can't take it anywhere for service. It is in an '05 Kenworth w900 that gets 5.8 to the gallon. I'm looking for better fuel mileage. Figured the 386 would get me 1mpg more and that would make my truck payment.
replyreply
Get that pukedits tune outta your truck asap!! any inline 5 from eBay from China will do the job just fine and have Unilever put a proper tune in there. I assume you don't run really fast for the fuel mileage you're getting with a big hood which is good. A cm870 is literally bulletproof compared to the newer motors, you will be plauged with emission issues if you are not careful what to look for on insite and any obvious repairs or lack there of. Newer than 2010 you are looking at more the same including an engine killing fuel pump.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  

My '05 is EGR deleted with PukeDits stage 1 and I can't take it anywhere for service. It is in an '05 Kenworth w900 that gets 5.8 to the gallon. I'm looking for better fuel mileage. Figured the 386 would get me 1mpg more and that would make my truck payment.

Fix the motor if all you are looking for is MPG. Even with that hood, 7 mpg is doable with the 870! Get the ECM fixed and repair any damage from the tune. You will be miles ahead and none of the headaches we all have to live with on a daily basis. {shop name removed. no longer recommended} or, Unilever western Canada or Mr Hagg’s shop down by Atlanta, Haggai Automotive and Diesel. Save yourself a major headache, fix what you already own! Don’t be stupid by opening Pandora’s Box. Been there, and now unfortunately living it.
replyreply
(05-06-2018 )putt putt Wrote:  
(05-06-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  

I just looked on Ebay and I am not sure which is best to buy. I have a laptop I can use. Some are selling just a cd. What cables, etc. should I be looking for? Can you point me in the right direction with a link?
Like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-INLINE-6-D...SwbtNaSiZQ

read the descriptions, you want to be sure it comes with insite 7.6.2 software like that one does.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.