Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg
05-10-2018, (Subject: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg ) 
RE: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg
I drive 58 mph. Keep it at around 1500 unless I'm empty or bobtail then I'll split the top gear. Drop a couple gears climbing loaded and use minimal throttle input. More rpm/less boost.

I just got a new turbo and actuator and a couple of new injectors. I smashed my last record...and it wasn't 'topped off'.

Figuring the fuel burn vs mileage and other factors like fuel at idle/apu use, I got a solid 7.3, half of which was hilly (I-85). This was with a fully loaded tanker, all miles.

Fuel definitely disappeared slower once out of the hills. I would also do better if I were running on a low rolling resistance tire, not my knobby 726's that I have on there now (oops). My truck also has a tendency to put an abnormally high amount of weight on the drives because it's a tanker which exaggerates the rolling resistance issue with those tires. I need a fifth wheel that's even higher than the one I have now to shift weight to the tandems, though I doubt they make them(can't get it any better by sliding the FW or making ride height changes within variance).

I think there's a couple more MPG in it. I'm sure my OEM actuators are getting lazy by now with 746k on them and those tires don't help much, at a minimum.

It definitely works, and I'm not all bent out of shape at the end of the day. I have not seen a road yet where I'm violating any minimum speed limits. I'm in TX right now and still do 58.

...I also turn the cb off unless it's needed, some drivers tend to get a bit crotchety over that...they'll live.

On half my loads, my FSC is covering my total cost of fuel. Can't beat it if Michael Jackson was driving.

...to make things better, a buddy of mine is about to let go of his DD-15 cascadia that makes a stunning 3.5mpg. He wants to trade me drive tires as a favor since he just got some new 710's before he gets another truck with an ISX. Hmmm...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg - dhirocz - 05-10-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.